Microsoft Surface Tablets

mastervk

In the zone
After mounting speculation all week, Microsoft today announced its new MS-branded Surface Tablet. It'll run Windows 8, come in two flavors (one with an NVidia processor and another with an Intel Core i5 processor), features front and rear-facing cameras, a 10.6" full-HD display, a built-in kickstand to prop the tablet up, and some seriously sharp looks.

The Surface Tablet is about 9.3mm thick and made of a full magnesium case that's manufactured with "physical vapor distribution," and the glass is Gorilla Glass 2.0, both of which which Microsoft says will make the the tablet virtually scratch-proof. Along with the tablet, Microsoft unveiled the Touch Cover (sort of like the iPad's Smart Covers), which magnetically attaches to the Surface Tablet and features a built-in keyboard and trackpad, and comes in cyan, magenta, orange, and grey.

Source :
Microsoft's Surface Tablet Is a Tablet-Laptop Hybrid Full of Potential

and
Microsoft Surface Tablets: Worth the Wait (Updating Live)

Tech&ME

Banned
OK , so now Microsoft themselves are entering the tablet market like the Apple iPad.

Good !! this will bring the iPad price down [ maybe ]

noob

Cyborg Agent
So Win RT tablet competes with iPad (anyone will choose ipad over any tablets as of now)

Windows 8 pro device = Macbook pro or dell xps 13 with touch screen. I will buy one as its full desktop OS.

Anything groundbreaking ? No. Windows 8 pro devices will sell good. WinRT wont because of lacks of apps + they need atleast 1080p resolution display on windows 8 RT tablets to compete with iPad.

noob

Cyborg Agent
I am waiting to see how VS & SQL Server will run on windows 8 pro devices.

It will support Xbox too..and Price might be $ 500 for RT and $ 1000 for Pro ..

$1000+ more likely..

ohh and anyone just imagine how regular windows x86 apps will respond to touch :)

Top Bottom