Microsoft Shuts Down Vista PatchGuard Exploit

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
mail2and said:
If your post wasn't about this thread, then why did you post in this thread?

I never even mentioned Microsoft in my first post for god's sake!

yes i didn't post in reply to this particular thread , but did post regarding the nature of this thread and the replies in it. No u didn't mention MS in ur first post but as i said i didn't reply regarding this particular topic.I wrote that because of what i have been reading in this forum from long time.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
tarey_g said:
yes i didn't post in reply to this particular thread , but did post regarding the nature of this thread and the replies in it. No u didn't mention MS in ur first post but as i said i didn't reply regarding this particular topic.I wrote that because of what i have been reading in this forum from long time.
So, tomorrow, you'll post in any thread that I post in and start saying stuff, which is not relevant to the topic in hand? Good Lord.

I'd request you to stop assuming things. Assumptions don't work in the real world, fortunately.

eddie

El mooooo
mAV3 said:
tht satement is against the anti-MS lobby tht has developed over the years
No one needs to make any kind of "anti-MS" lobby in order to bring them down. They are doing it pretty good themselves...

After 5 years of development...chopping...changing and everything...they produce an OS that shows "complete crash" two days before its RTM? Didn't you post about it yourself?
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39656

When they are screwing everything up without any help then why would any "lobby" waste time and money on them anyways?

G

gxsaurav

eddie, they are finding bugs & they are fixing them...what else do u want them to do to make it better

chopping features, well....yeah, even i would bash MS on this....bad management i would say, all the worthy features of Longhron are gone, WinFS, Vector based UI, & lots more will come later as service packs or standalone files, well, thats good but still they were the features to get vista for along with the others included. Patchguard is one of them, which they removed due to lawsuits, which were not even filed in US when both Symantec, Mcafee & Adobe are US companies

(maybe, cos it's multinational)

eddie

El mooooo
gxsaurav said:
eddie, they are finding bugs & they are fixing them...what else do u want them to do to make it better
...to find the bugs *before* they were bubble wrapping the CDs? The whole operating system crashes 2 days before the release was going out to hardware manufacturers? and that too after 5 years of coding? This is not *finding* bugs...this is sheer dumb luck. Imagine manufacturers installing it on thousands of systems and then updating them even before they sell them :D

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
MS has been finding bugs in vista for a long time .... from around 1500 bugs theyhv squashed around 1000 -1100 and are wrking on the rest ....

eddie

El mooooo
mAV3 said:
MS has been finding bugs in vista for a long time .... from around 1500 bugs theyhv squashed around 1000 -1100 and are wrking on the rest ....
So they were going to RTM an OS with at least 400 known bugs? :shock:

mediator

Technomancer
eddie said:
...to find the bugs *before* they were bubble wrapping the CDs? The whole operating system crashes 2 days before the release was going out to hardware manufacturers? and that too after 5 years of coding? This is not *finding* bugs...this is sheer dumb luck.
Thats the whole difference the people here especially windows fanboys need to know, the difference between close source and open source software and intensity with which they r made bugless! Neways bugged after 5 yrs of coding? :shock: ! I guess it will take another 2-3 yrs in which they'll release some service packs, so that people can really work on it without any hindrances.

eddie said:
Imagine manufacturers installing it on thousands of systems and then updating them even before they sell them
:D SO I guess the OS that wud be released officially wud be called "MS VISTA : Patched n updated".

gxsaurav said:
bad management i would say, all the worthy features of Longhron are gone, WinFS, Vector based UI, & lots more will come later as service packs or standalone files
Hmmmm, So MS will release other body parts and spare parts in installments again! Neways when will it release it?? It seems ur expectations were thwarted again!

rajas

In the zone
mediator said:
So MS will release other body parts and spare parts in installments again! Neways when will it release it?? It seems ur expectations were thwarted again!

I like this...awesome description man

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Is this going to be another Windows v/s Linux v/s Mac?
Then I am closing off this thread.
Does every thread have to be just about fanboyism?

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
well the moment mac, windows & linux are named in 1 thread its gonna turn out this way ..... i can take the credit or blame for this thread

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
tech_your_future said:
Is this going to be another Windows v/s Linux v/s Mac?
Then I am closing off this thread.
Does every thread have to be just about fanboyism?

thats y i posted my first post here , but some ppl dont seem to find any relevance . or they dont want to .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom