Microsoft says no Blu-ray for Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
"Xbox is not currently in talks with Sony or the Blu-ray Association to integrate Blu-ray into the Xbox experience," Greenberg told Reuters in an interview.

Microsoft, which has stopped making an HD-DVD add-on for the Xbox 360, would continue to invest in its Xbox Live online service that already lets users rent hundreds of movies, including ones in high-definition.

"We're the only console offering digital distribution of entertainment content," Greenberg said.

The software giant also expected that supply problems for the Xbox 360 meant the machine was outsold in the U.S. market by Sony's PlayStation 3 console in February for the second month in a row.

"We definitely expect we will trail in February as a result of our supply constraints," Greenberg said, adding: "By April, we will be in a very healthy inventory situation."

That would be in time for the April 29 launch of Take-Two Interactive Software Inc's (TTWO.O: Quote, Profile, Research) "Grand Theft Auto 4" game, which is widely expected to be one of the best-selling titles of 2008 and could drive purchases of the Xbox 360 and PS3. Continued...

praka123

left this forum longback
well,we know M$,they will come with bd support soon :p (U-turns by M$ are sOooo common :D )

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
bad news for indian 360 users.i'm sure hackers will now find a way to start 360 games from hard drives like psp.so 360 games could be pirated in DVD's.i do not support such hardcore piracy but i think there's no other way

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
but u cant store so much data onto a dvd ...

best is to get 320gb hd and somehow connect to xbox360 thru usb.... but speed will be a blockasde....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom