Microsoft office 2010

joshiks7

Journeyman
hi,

I have microsoft office 2010 (professional) trial version installed.
I have purchased CD of microsoft office 2010 STUDENT version.

Can I insert KEY given on CD (of STUDENT version) to my system (in PROF. version) to activate STUDENT version licence OR

Is it mandatory to uninstall trial version, then run CD and install office?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ Pro version mayn't accept the key of Home&Student version. you may try but most probably it'll give invalid serial warning.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I am pretty sure, you can't use the Key of Student version, in a Pro version, since both have different suites containing different collection of softwares.
Still, there's no harm in trying!

Edit: Btw, You can't Really expect using a key of a suite which costs, $149 on a suite, which is $499! :shock:

Source:
Office Home and Student - Office.com
Office Professional - Office.com

Tech&ME

Banned
Ha Ha!

Was that a PIRACY related question ?

As per Microsoft you should uninstall the trial version and install the fresh FULL version of the software you purchase on CD/DVD. And activate with the KEY provided on the back of the CD/DVD box.

Trial version of Office will never LEGALLY turn into a FULL version, even if you have purcahsed the same version.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
There is one thing to do=

1 Uninstall the Professional version then install Sudent version then enter key and then use a legal copy of MS Office Student Version. :cool:

The student version costs less, has lesser functions hence the key of it wont be accepted by Professional edition :)

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
hi,

I have microsoft office 2010 (professional) trial version installed.
I have purchased CD of microsoft office 2010 STUDENT version.

Can I insert KEY given on CD (of STUDENT version) to my system (in PROF. version) to activate STUDENT version licence
its like inserting the Key of Godrej Lock A1 to Lock A2

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
its like inserting the Key of Godrej Lock A1 to Lock A2

Can we avoid smart arse answers like these? Anyway the question is fair. Ideally the Home and Office Key should activate the product and disable the extra features present in the Pro version and the user would not be troubled with reinstallation stuff.

Ha Ha!

Was that a PIRACY related question ?

As per Microsoft you should uninstall the trial version and install the fresh FULL version of the software you purchase on CD/DVD. And activate with the KEY provided on the back of the CD/DVD box.

Trial version of Office will never LEGALLY turn into a FULL version, even if you have purcahsed the same version.

Convert a trial version of an Office 2010 suite or program to a full retail version - Project - Office.com

Tech&ME

Banned
Can we avoid smart arse answers like these? Anyway the question is fair. Ideally the Home and Office Key should activate the product and disable the extra features present in the Pro version and the user would not be troubled with reinstallation stuff.

Convert a trial version of an Office 2010 suite or program to a full retail version - Project - Office.com

Ahh! That's Perpetual Licence KEY you are talking about. And @OP doesn't have any!

Also, interesting to note here is that, PERPETUAL OFFICE KEY will lock the user to the current version he has, which means he will actually not be able to upgrade to the next higher version!! :)

Top Bottom