Microsoft Lumia 435 and 532 announced

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
^^
Although it is a good phone i agree but it's not as good as old older Lumia phones made by Nokia. Nokia had a good experience how to make good hardware but Microsoft is not so good. For example no IPS screens, no Gorilla Glass display, no autofocus, etc which older Lumias had. Not to mention overpriced by atleast 1500rs.But still a decent phone which could have been better.
Lava Windows Phone actually has better specs at 4k than this at nearly 7k.

$hadow

Geek in making
So after testing it thoroughly... i have reached the conclusion that 532 is a very decent phone.. easy-to-use.. robust make.. battery backup is also great.. and it also performs smoothly.. a few hidden features which you would only realize after using it extensively are that you can convert a normal audio call into a video call.. personalize the home screen.. adjust the size of the pins... and much more which I will keep on posting as I see... the most amazing part are the live tiles which just enliven the screen... this video will also help you learn a bit more about the phone in detail.. check it out... *www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG9FLQKSaR4 I give this phone a thumbs up..
Hey I hope there is no ghost touch problem?

$hadow

Geek in making
Nope... no issues with the touch or performance whatsoever, touch wood. Hope it continues to perform the way it is performing..

DO keep an eye for those ghost touch. L535 was not having this problem initially but it slowly crept in with time.

- - - Updated - - -

that was only the 535 but a firmware update apparently fixed it(?)

It was one hell of a big update if I remember correctly it was more than 300MB.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
DO keep an eye for those ghost touch. L535 was not having this problem initially but it slowly crept in with time.

- - - Updated - - -

It was one hell of a big update if I remember correctly it was more than 300MB.

hmm,good thing it was only a software issue, a hardware issue would have spelt more trouble i guess

$hadow

Geek in making
hmm,good thing it was only a software issue, a hardware issue would have spelt more trouble i guess

Hardware failure was not the most likely option. And I don't stress on issues which I feel that can be fixed on a software update. So good work from MS.

$hadow

Geek in making
These devices could surely target the potential first time smart phone buyers. I will pick 435 for my Singapore visit to use it as a back up phone.

$hadow

Geek in making
yeah you will have best of both worlds that way :)

I am prone to loosing my phones when I am on vacation so I just try to find a cheap smartphone every time and 6 months back I managed to loose my bro moto e in Malaysia.

VikramS

Right off the assembly line
^^
Although it is a good phone i agree but it's not as good as old older Lumia phones made by Nokia. Nokia had a good experience how to make good hardware but Microsoft is not so good. For example no IPS screens, no Gorilla Glass display, no autofocus, etc which older Lumias had. Not to mention overpriced by atleast 1500rs.But still a decent phone which could have been better.
Lava Windows Phone actually has better specs at 4k than this at nearly 7k.

Well, even though the specs are almost the same and in some context the Lava Iris Win 1 has definitely got an upper-hand like the battery power and flash but still, it fails to satisfy with its performance. It is just not Lava phones which have performance issues but, almost every other budget phones from companies like Micromax, Intex, Xolo, RedMi, etc., are marred by sluggish performance. One simply cannot compare the performance of Microsoft’s devices with other company’s devices. Even Android devices which cost around 15k are marred by problems like sluggish performance. Anyways, coming back to the topic, I would like to say that I am just posting my personal opinion, rather my experience. If you don’t believe me that how and why 532 is better than the Lava Iris Win 1, check these links out:
Compare phones | Lava Iris Win1 vs Microsoft Lumia 532 Dual SIM | phoneCURRY (India)
Compare Microsoft Lumia 532 vs Lava Iris Win1 Specifications and Price

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Well, even though the specs are almost the same and in some context the Lava Iris Win 1 has definitely got an upper-hand like the battery power and flash but still, it fails to satisfy with its performance. It is just not Lava phones which have performance issues but, almost every other budget phones from companies like Micromax, Intex, Xolo, RedMi, etc., are marred by sluggish performance. One simply cannot compare the performance of Microsoft’s devices with other company’s devices. Even Android devices which cost around 15k are marred by problems like sluggish performance. Anyways, coming back to the topic, I would like to say that I am just posting my personal opinion, rather my experience. If you don’t believe me that how and why 532 is better than the Lava Iris Win 1, check these links out:
Compare phones | Lava Iris Win1 vs Microsoft Lumia 532 Dual SIM | phoneCURRY (India)
Compare Microsoft Lumia 532 vs Lava Iris Win1 Specifications and Price

yeah hardware and software are built for each other,unlike most androids
Lumias are safe bets ,you can call them the Maruti Suzuki of phones,good service and easy availability of parts at reasonable rates,multiple products with various specs for the same price ranges and long lasting and excellent build quality
and also under estimated on paper when compared to counterparts especially korean ones(*cough* samsung and hyundai *cough* ) :D
coincidence :D :p
- - - Updated - - -

These devices could surely target the potential first time smart phone buyers. I will pick 435 for my Singapore visit to use it as a back up phone.

btw some people have been able to score Lumia 520s and 525s for as low as $40 in countries such as singapore,dubai,US etc
just thought i should share incase you want a good deal
only thing is battery life and display is slightly worse with 52x

$hadow

Geek in making
[MENTION=184724]kkn13[/MENTION] I was offered one 520 for 2200. The only problem is that the device has got a bit cracked screen towards the end and a bit of internet connectivity problem as it was in water for about 2 hours or so, So I don't ind it and after a little more bargain I got it for 2k.

VikramS

Right off the assembly line
Has anyone heard about the Asha exchange offer? Microsoft is giving assured discounts of Rs. 1500 and 1000 to Asha users for buying the Lumia 435. I have read this article Still using an Asha phone? Upgrade to a Lumia 435 with this new exchange offer from Microsoft | 91mobiles.com but the date isn’t mentioned anywhere. Is it applicable right away or will I have to wait for it? Also, can I get this offer at every retailer’s store or only at Microsoft’s dedicated store?

BryanM35

Broken In
I really like all the series of lumia. I have lumia 435. The best thing is Microsoft Windows Phone 8.1, planned upgrade to Windows 10. Curious to know that will be new in it.

$hadow

Geek in making
Has anyone heard about the Asha exchange offer? Microsoft is giving assured discounts of Rs. 1500 and 1000 to Asha users for buying the Lumia 435. I have read this article Still using an Asha phone? Upgrade to a Lumia 435 with this new exchange offer from Microsoft | 91mobiles.com but the date isn’t mentioned anywhere. Is it applicable right away or will I have to wait for it? Also, can I get this offer at every retailer’s store or only at Microsoft’s dedicated store?

It is available from the get go. Just go ahead and buy the phone.

Top Bottom