Microsoft Kills Clippy !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandk

Distinguished Member
The day has finally come, no longer will you have a friendly paper clip constantly offering to help make your document creating experience better.
*www.appscout.com/rippy.gif
No more will you see a bouncing piece of bent metal with googly eyes bouncing at the corner of your screen, begging you to let it help fix the formatting, or suggest a particular word. Clippy, the Microsoft Office Assistant, has been put to rest. His smiling visage will no longer greet us when writing a letter. The Microsoft Office team confirmed that with 2007, Clippy is officially done and gone.
*i144.photobucket.com/albums/r168/happyandy/clippydeath.gif
Starting life in 1997 with Office 97, he was a constant annoyance to document users for nearly a full decade.
Source

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Dead now? I heard ths news two years ago. May be that news was abt clippy will be dead in 2007 version of office. Anyways doesn't affect me , i hate these animated things dancing around when i am working.

abhijangda

Padawan
It's not good and not bad that clippy is gone as it provide many information and also irritate. Last thing my friends anandk, tarey_g what is clippy. It's name is not clippy but it is clippit. If u don't believe then open Microsoft word. Then right click the assistant which u have choose. And search for clippit. Then u all will know it is clippy or clippit

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
koolbluz said:
That windows dog ko kab khatam karenge?
I kill that dog usually, To remove the annoying dog and to bring up the standard search you can do this

Code:
Regedit your way to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CabinetState

Right-click an empty space in the right pane and select New > String Value 

Name the new value Use Search Asst

Double-click this new value, and enter no as it's value data

you can also shut off the animated character XP gives the option but it does not give you the old type of search which i find better.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
oh! Sad ending to the clippy. :-( He was givin good tips to the new comers. Anyways..advanced users always had choice to turn it off.... :rolleyes:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
I will surelly miss, him, more than that kids will for sure... i have seen, kid in home speds lot of time playing with this help full guyes... :(

really i will miss him :(

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
tarey_g said:
I kill that dog usually, To remove the annoying dog and to bring up the standard search you can do this
Pataa hai tarey bhai... I always kill the kutta directly by my registry file which includes...
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CabinetState] 
"Use Search Asst"="no"

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
koolbluez said:
Pataa hai tarey bhai... I always kill the kutta directly by my registry file which includes...
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CabinetState] 
"Use Search Asst"="no"

lol , doggy kutte ki maut mara, i mean registry editing ki maut mara. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom