Microsoft in Talks to Buy Winamp and Shoutcast From AOL

ramkumarvcbe

the Warrior
I guess, this is a great news to many Winamp lovers, who just wants to see it alive. :-D

Microsoft in Talks to Buy Winamp and Shoutcast From AOL | TechnoBuffalo

abhijeet.ak

Broken In
bloody hell..what else is microsoft planning to buy..

What else do they know... :D

just take over small companies rebrand their technology and sell under Microsoft's brand name.

Pre-dominantly this is what they have always been doing since inception... earlier they used to copy, now they do it the more legal way.... lol...

Just recollect the days when Bill gates and steve jobs worked together and if possible watch the movie Pirates of the Silicon Valley to get a better picture... ;)

OP
R

ramkumarvcbe

the Warrior

just take over small companies rebrand their technology and sell under Microsoft's brand name.

Pre-dominantly this is what they have always been doing since inception... earlier they used to copy, now they do it the more legal way.... lol...

Just recollect the days when Bill gates and steve jobs worked together and if possible watch the movie Pirates of the Silicon Valley to get a better picture... ;)

I agree with you, this stupid MS buying tiny companies, rebranding it to its name, and eventually killing it. What the hell is this? :evil:

lywyre

Cyborg Agent

I prefer it going open source.
If it is not going that way, better MS than no one. Atleast that will keep them alive and Winamp as default media player: why not?

I don't see any reason for Google to pick it up, though I would be very happy if that happens.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
I would be happy if Google buys Winamp rather than Microsoft.

I prefer it going open source.
If it is not going that way, better MS than no one. Atleast that will keep them alive and Winamp as default media player: why not?

I don't see any reason for Google to pick it up, though I would be very happy if that happens.
Google said:
Please Log-In to you Google+ Account to Access you music content

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Google said:
Please Log-In to you Google+ Account to Access you music content

:rofl:

Well, I will be glad if Winamp survives. Doesn't matter who buy it now. It was closing anyway.

Top Bottom