Microsoft Going Wireless

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Microsoft is taking the wireless controller route for their new system.

According to a report , Microsoft's Xbox 2 will have wireless controllers as a standard feature.

The controller is said to be similar in design to the current S Controller, but wireless. No final designs have been confirmed, nor has Microsoft made any formal announcement regarding the release of its new system.

Microsoft is taking a cue from Nintendo, who was the wireless pioneer with their WaveBird controller for the GameCube and has influenced and benefited from the innovation.

Microsoft is set to be the first to ship wireless controllers as standard equipment with a home console. An official announcement is expected to be made at this year's E3.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Just a thought, but shouldnt the topic have read, "X-Box 2 going (sic) wireless"?

If it actually goes wireless, then the controllers weight would definitely increase, what with the additional weight of the batteries. And that adds the hassle of changing batteries. Or will they opt for rechargable light-weight batteries?

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
WaveBird controller for the GameCube was a big hit, so the move by MS is good .

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
i dunno y but i love the XBox controller even though most ppl say it sux...wireless should only make it better...but MS r not revealing anything as of now...man i hate when companies remain tight-lipped abt thier upcoming products...im too impatient....

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
we will hav to wait. xbox controllers are good but nothin beats the standard ps1,ps2 controliers . i hav played too much on ps1 and a little less on ps2,so i feel that ps2 ones r more comfortable

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
hmmm PS2...i never liked the PS2 controller...never fits my hands properly....i prefer XBox controllers...but 2 b honest....nothing beats keyboard+mouse IMHO :lol:

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
I will go with that too! Thats the best combo. And you can even have a wireless keyboard and mouse!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom