microsoft error report

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajeev1981

Broken In
hello friends i'm having a problem with my window i have downloaded norton 2007 beta version from this site after installing my pc again and again flashig the the message that u have report i'm tired by clicking dont send .i have tried to uninstall the norton from add remove but it is not uninstalling and again giving error.i have also tried it in safe mode but all is vain pls help me what should i do .

Vyasram

The pWnster
open task manager by alt+ctrl+del and goto processes and close all norton stuff
use regcleaner 4.x and remove all symantec/norton 07 entries and then remove the norton av 07 entry from the uninstall menu in regcleaner. then try uninstall, if still the prob persists, delete the norton 07 folder and try again through the installer

mite help you

sakumar79

Technomancer
1. To disable error report, press Windows Key+Pause, go to Advanced Tab, select Error Reporting, select Disable Error Report and check "But notify me when critical errors occur".
2. It is advisable not to install Betas because they tend to be more buggy... Typically, betas are for advanced users who want to help the company by testing the software.
3. To remove the Beta, since there is a lot of problem doing it the conventional way, there are only brutal (and crude) methods that are possible. First, if the install was recent (and you havent done any other install after that), and you had System Restore turned on, you can try to open an earlier System state to a time before you had installed the software... If that does not work (or you cannot do it), boot in safe mode, delete the Norton Folder (including the Symantec folder in the Common Files of Program Files)... If you have other Symantec programs, this may cause problem so you may want to take extra precaution in this case... Then, use a couple of good registry cleaners such as ccleaner, jv16 Power Tools, etc... to remove traces of Norton... Hopefully, a reboot will indicate that your problems have gone away...

Arun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom