Microsoft DVD contains 50Gb data :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

shantanu

Technomancer
hi everyone !

i today tried to install Exchange Server 2007 from my Original Microsoft multi DVD, so i thought to take a look at the size of the content as i knew that setup might be 5 gb or so, but seeing the multilanguage setups folders i thought of seeing the content size :) guess what 49.1 GB in a normal DVD :O , wtf man , i have seen original DVDs with 10gb content at most that too in a DVD9 , but 49.1 GB daymn

here is the pic :
*www.thecomputernext.com/mygod.jpg

CadCrazy

in search of myself
Tera explorer infect ho chuka hai. Use some original Antivirus and scan your system thoroughly :D

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Microsoft OS + Microsoft DVD. One shouldn't be surprised as MS can do anything to make their products look better than others while they aren't.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
That is called Optimization. You can do this in Magic ISO. There are a certain set of files common between the versions. They are physically present only once, but they are referenced many times. When you make a copy of it, the files are copied physically multiple times.

See all those All-In-One disks on warez sites? Multiple versions of Windows, VS etc. etc. They are made the same way.

That is called Optimization. You can do this in Magic ISO. There are a certain set of files common between the versions. They are physically present only once, but they are referenced many times. When you make a copy of it, the files are copied physically multiple times.

See all those All-In-One disks on warez sites? Multiple versions of Windows, VS etc. etc. They are made the same way.
+1

Seen how Visual Studio 2008 Express Full ISO is just around 900MB but if you download indivudual component ISO, each might be 500mb or so ? Its the same reason here too.

narangz

Web developer
I had Windows 2000 All version MSDN CD & it had 2-3 GBs of data if I remember correctly.

Thanks for explaining :)

Last edited:

anispace

dattebayo

thanx for this info:cool:

din

Tribal Boy

Cool, thanks a lot for that info. Never knew that.

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
I've got a 7-in-1 Windows XP CD that claims to contain all versions of XP (Home, Pro & what-not). They even gave a tutorial inside that CD, explaining in detail how it was done. The same point that infra_red_dude mentioned, has been stated there too! :D

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org

Right! Back in 2002, my friend came with WinXP 9 in 1 and i was amzed to see 3.5 GB in it. I googled and found someone had given the MS DOS utitly at MSFN forums on how to do this :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom