Microsoft Certification help

Status
Not open for further replies.

tehnogeek

Broken In
I a a second year be student ....i want to start preparing for microsoft certification .... can anyone help me ...how to get started ...how long will it take ...where to get all the resources form,.....

OP
T

tehnogeek

Broken In
techtronic said:
I have completed MCSE in 6 Months time
7 Papers - 70-270 270, 290, 291, 293,294, 284,298 :cool:

thats gr8.....

whats the pre-requisite for it.,....
how to get started....

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
Well I had undergone 250 Hours of theoritical training in a Microsoft Certified Training Centre and prepared myself after that

I preferred to take 70-284 (Exchange Server) as I wanted to know how Mail Servers worked :)

Just enthusiasm and eagerness to learn is enough
Nothing else needed

All the best ;)

freebird

Debian Rocks!
GNU/Linux Certifications holds...

You can try RHCE(redhat certified Engineer) or any GNU/Linux certifications like LPI which is getting gr8 mileage as most servers are migrating from windows server OS to GNU/Linux and FreeBSDs.YOu will have a higher chances for a job or salary upgrade if u pass such exams as You stand apart from among other MCSE certifieds..:)

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
CCNA would be cool

If you are interested in the field of Networking :), then you can take up
CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate)

OP
T

tehnogeek

Broken In
techtronic said:
I have completed MCSE in 6 Months time
7 Papers - 70-270 270, 290, 291, 293,294, 284,298 :cool:

has the course changed ....i mean now with the coming of vista has microsoft changed its syllabus for MCSE or its the same....

how much marks should be scored to be considered a good score ?
Can any tell me a stepwise details of how to pursue this course.... i am notable find how to apply for the exam .... whats the syllabus is..... how much is the exam fee....can it be done by personal study only ..... where can i get resources for it....

please do reply fast...i have to get it done before april ... is it possible to get this done in 1+(1/2) months ....

Last edited:

ApoorvKhatreja

Journeyman
Re: GNU/Linux Certifications holds...

freebird said:
You can try RHCE(redhat certified Engineer) or any GNU/Linux certifications like LPI which is getting gr8 mileage as most servers are migrating from windows server OS to GNU/Linux and FreeBSDs.YOu will have a higher chances for a job or salary upgrade if u pass such exams as You stand apart from among other MCSE certifieds..:)

That link says that the test is being conducted only at specific locations in Asia, which does not include any part of India :( .

Anybody knows a more low level, basic certification test which I can give in XIIth standard?

freebird

Debian Rocks!
LPI exams can be attended at any prometric/pearsonvue centres and LPI wants self study.very few inst offers LPI coaching.the plus point of LPI is that its Linux Vendor Neutral cert which is acknowledged by all biggies in Industry.
while RHCE coaching and exam centres spread all over india and more.
*www.in.redhat.com/training/locations.php3

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
tehnogeek said:
has the course changed ....i mean now with the coming of vista has microsoft changed its syllabus for MCSE or its the same....

how much marks should be scored to be considered a good score ?
Can any tell me a stepwise details of how to pursue this course.... i am notable find how to apply for the exam .... whats the syllabus is..... how much is the exam fee....can it be done by personal study only ..... where can i get resources for it....

please do reply fast...i have to get it done before april ... is it possible to get this done in 1+(1/2) months ....

Buddy, 1 1/2 months is very short period
It took me four months to complete all the 7 papers inclusive of 250 hours of theory training

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom