Microsoft Announces Availability of Internet Explorer 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzail

Broken In
Microsoft today announced the availability of Windows Internet Explorer 8, the new Web browser that offers the best solution for how people use the Web today. It can be downloaded in 25 languages starting at noon EDT on March 19. As a side note, this release is not available for the current Windows 7 beta users and is only available for previous versions of Windows.

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
Already downloaded yesterday night and installad. Getting used to it still.
Looks like there will be some incompatibility with sites designed for the earlier version/s.
Atleast in one secure website I use daily the top line links is almost getting hidden by the links in the next line with just the top of the top line barely visible. Now I have to guess the links, very carefully and precisely move the mouse and click on them to open. I have to now memorise the links making life difficult for me.:))

Dark Core

Freak Beta 1
Got hammered by IE8
Downloaded and Installed IE8, it made my Network and Sharing Center Icon disappear from by task bar :-( but Internet works smoothly.. Using Vista.. Any idea to get it back guyzzz.
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
Got hammered by IE8
Downloaded and Installed IE8, it made my Network and Sharing Center Icon disappear from by task bar :-( but Internet works smoothly.. Using Vista.. Any idea to get it back guyzzz.

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Got hammered by IE8
Posted again:
Got hammered by IE8
The option is under Start Menu options, not in VIsta right now so can't tell you where. Its a checkbox for the network icon. Incase the option is grayed out, then download this zip file which contains the registry fix.

Dark Core

Freak Beta 1
Tnx iMav

You Rock, how did u got solution for it.. Is the problem is faced by all those who had installed IE8

And Yes Network icon had been grayed out and tnx for the download...
Posted again:
Tnx iMav

You Rock, how did u got solution for it.. Is the problem is faced by all those who had installed IE8

And Yes Network icon had been grayed out and tnx for the download...

Last edited:
Hey guys, can anybody suggest a good free password manager plugin for IE 8, like there is sxipper for firefox, i really need it, but cant find it on google after many tries.

I tried that, doesn't works properly many times. In 4 out of 10 times, it was unable to detect the login page of gmail. WTF! Besides, it is not free. Any other suggestions?

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
hmmmmm................. me too had many problems with IE8 on XP SP3.
In many instances the compatibility mode failed to resolve out-of-place Menus in websites.
Also while opening many sites "Internet Explorer encountered an error and will close down .... bla bla" appeared.
Fed up I went back to IE 7.
In reverting back to IE7 I had many problems.
After quite a bit of troubleshooting time I restored the registry as it existed before installing IE8 and resolved all issues in IE7.( I keep registry back-ups for the last thirty days using ERUNT
*www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/ and that saved me)
Now I am back on IE7. Bye bye IE8.
And the first thing I did after restoring IE7 was to backup the C drive which I had not done for more than a year:sad:. Had I taken a back-up before installing IE8,I could have reverted back in a jiffy.
Now I have learnt my lesson.Thank you Microsoft:x

Last edited:

JAK

What the Heck !
Me too..
installed IE8 and within 3 hours uninstalled it..:x
Back to IE7..:grin:

way to go Micro$hit..:twisted:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
hmmm I installed IE8 (I don't have any plans to make it my default browser) and I must say, it is way better and faster than IE7 for me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom