Admin
How this doesn't have a thread yet!

Project HoloLens
Hands-On With Microsoft’s Holographic Goggles

*i.minus.com/i6wKNeEjLcdho.png

*www.wired.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/win10_holoLens_livingRoom_web.jpg

*www.wired.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/jpeg-7.jpg

*www.wired.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/jpeg.jpg

Read the article: Project HoloLens: Our Exclusive Hands-On With Microsoft's Holographic Goggles | WIRED

Watch this vid:

So Microsoft's beaten Google in Augmented reality?

This would be reality?
I still can't believe this technology. It seems so advanced.

It seem like a gimmick from microsoft

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I advise you to read the article which I linked. Some female from Wired did try that and she was overly impressed. Though she also said that Siri (which comes from [strike]Microsoft[/strike] Apple) isn't all too impressive when it comes to listening commands, and the voice recognition of Hololens will face the same problem.

Whatever you think, Microsoft seems to be on to something here!

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I advise you to read the article which I linked. Some female from Wired did try that and she was overly impressed. Though she also said that Siri (which comes from Microsoft) isn't all too impressive when it comes to listening commands, and this Hololens will face the same problem.

Whatever you think, Microsoft seems to be on to something here!

what !

amjath

Human Spambot
This is so cool, it does more than Google glass can do. May be this the reason Google stopped the explorer edition and started working on the future project. Kudos to MS

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
I thought the gestures were too complicated. The on gesture is something like a flower blooming? Waving your arm about in the air can get fatiguing for hours of usage. Apart from that, the applications are pretty cool...

Like the UI. Most of it is flat, but little bits and pieces are skeuomorphic.

Google missed their chance at doing this. This is not exactly like google glass, which is more or less dead.

Another question is how much people need the augmentation. If it is required only in short bursts, and not necessary for it to be persistent, then a smart-phone can easily do better in these same scenarios. For example, instructions on fixing the plumbing, appear every time you direct your camera to it, instead of hanging around all the time while you are working. The minecraft thing already exists since 2012 > Minecraft Reality. Same for the tank on the bike. Scenarios where a mobile device would not work, is the projection of a TV screen.

The voice comment is interesting. Seriously, voice is the best interface, but that won't be perfected for a long time, probably never. This is because accent, background noise, and context are pretty difficult to process right, which is why voice interfaces aren't reliable despite being thought of from the moment computers were conceived.

$hadow

Geek in making
The demo never made me satisfied I mean there is a lot to discover in the phone and the fact that it is working stand alone is still not that much clear. I mean like the VR headsets why there is no phone option and if there is no phone option so how is it going to be connected to the internet.

amjath

Human Spambot
The demo never made me satisfied I mean there is a lot to discover in the phone and the fact that it is working stand alone is still not that much clear. I mean like the VR headsets why there is no phone option and if there is no phone option so how is it going to be connected to the internet.
HPU does it, like snapdragon has inbuilt LTE.

Top Bottom