Microsoft adds security muscle

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandk

Distinguished Member
Microsoft may be a desktop software powerhouse, but when it comes to security tools it is still bulking up.
*news.com.com/i/ne/pg/fd_2007/070426_microsoft_security_120x90.jpg
The Redmond, Wash., software giant announced this week that it is setting up security response and research operations in Ireland and Japan and launched a preview of a new online Malware Protection Center. The efforts are meant to make Microsoft, a security industry newcomer, more competitive.

Microsoft is taking on incumbents such as Symantec, McAfee and Trend Micro, the world's top three antivirus companies...It will take some years, perhaps five, for Microsoft to be up to par," said Andreas Clementi of AV Comparatives, an organization that tests antivirus products. "Microsoft's detection rates are still low compared to other products. OneCare today is more of a system utility...

source

Possible

Custom User Title
Offtopic: I wonder where your cheap Vista user promoting bar is..

Ontopic: How good can a company get after it makes its own anti-* tools? Oh right, when they make their own conceptual infections to fuel it...

OP
anandk

anandk

Distinguished Member
Possible said:
Offtopic: I wonder where your cheap Vista user promoting bar is..

its here
*i144.photobucket.com/albums/r168/happyandy/vistaulti.gif
didnt know u loved it so much ! *www.smileycons.com/img/emotions/89.gif enjoy !

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
Off topic: LOL@ anandk

On topic:Sounds interesting but just hope they improve their security aspects of their products!:)

Possible

Custom User Title
anandk said:
its here
didnt know u loved it so much ! *www.smileycons.com/img/emotions/89.gif enjoy !
Yeah I loved the way you act like so ... the same word I used before ... :)

eddie

El mooooo
Considering the kind of applications they are making, I highly doubt anyone would use a Microsoft Antivirus. Just an example here
Microsoft OneCare Last in Antivirus Tests

Currently, they should really focus on improving security of their core applications by finding and patching the security holes as quickly as possible rather than trying to move into new horizons. They should use some serious exercises to strengthen their already existing muscles rather than trying to add feeble new ones.

OP
anandk

anandk

Distinguished Member
Possible said:
Yeah I loved the way you act like so ... the same word I used before ... :)

say it buddy ! u meant CHEAP ! :D arrey who cares what u think, i live my life the way i want to, by my rules ! as far i am concened, u dont exist ! take care and ya, stick to the topic of the thread posted ;-)

freebird

Debian Rocks!
I did one thing.I adblocked that crap userbar from My Browser itself.Ufff saved! and Linux RockS!:D
@possibal:U can try too :D

Last edited:
OP
anandk

anandk

Distinguished Member
^ great piece of advice; take it ! :D and ya linux rocks ! absolutely no doubt about that too !

btw' here is its preview :
Microsoft Malware Protection Center Portal Preview
*www.microsoft.com/security/portal/

Possible

Custom User Title
anandk said:
say it buddy ! u meant CHEAP ! :D arrey who cares what u think, i live my life the way i want to, by my rules ! as far i am concened, u dont exist ! take care and ya, stick to the topic of the thread posted ;-)

No, I meant you are a hyperactive emotive 13 year old in god-knows-what aged casing. Right, You want me to stick to the topic, but since I don't care I won't too. I wonder why you retort back like a 13 year old does. You really 13? Nah.

i_am_crack

HAF 922 Owner
I suppose (forget MS coming out with AV Solutions for a while) all the anti virus inds needs to survive ..so ..so what??? Create a Vir%% and prepare a tool for it and promote your product....

Btw why only pull MS....and its product

eddie

El mooooo
i_am_crack said:
Btw why only pull MS....and its product
...because they are already developing a security solution in OneCare and it is terrible to say the least. Did you check the link I posted? Forget about how well it will protect you from viruses in future..it is not even detecting already existing ones.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Eddie

Ok fine it doesn't detects most of the virus. So? go buy something else or use some common sence. Why do u care if it doesn't detect. R U some MS critic? or does your bussiness depends on onecare? If it is bad then ok people won't buy it....why do u care

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Possible said:
No, I meant you are a hyperactive emotive 13 year old in god-knows-what aged casing. Right, You want me to stick to the topic, but since I don't care I won't too. I wonder why you retort back like a 13 year old does. You really 13? Nah.
If u don't know about a person age, then not make any comment.
Pls show some respect for him as he is much older than what u r thinking. ;)

eddie

El mooooo
gx_saurav said:
Ok fine it doesn't detects most of the virus. So? go buy something else or use some common sence. Why do u care if it doesn't detect. R U some MS critic? or does your bussiness depends on onecare? If it is bad then ok people won't buy it....why do u care
Why was this thread created exactly? To tell people that Microsoft is making some uber powerful product enhancing security. Why did the original thread starter create this thread? Does his business depend on Microsoft? NO!!! This is an online forum dude...people post so that they increase their knowledge and share their existing knowledge with others.

I just did the same and showed people Microsoft's history and current status of one of their similar product. Is it off-topic or did it hurt you some place bad? :p If you have some facts to contradict my words...then post them. Post a review showing OneCare (or any other Microsoft AntiVirus) being an excellent one and increase our knowledge. Don't just come in here and try to flame.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Why was this thread created exactly? To tell people that Microsoft is making some uber powerful product enhancing security.

:ROFL, where was this mentioned?

I never said Onecare is good or bad, all I said judging by your post is why do u care if it is good or not.? You are a linux user so.....should you be worrying whether Onecare detects virus or not? Well, you do want to judge then here is the thing. If a product was bad in the past does that means it will always be bad even in the future?

@ Possible

Stop thinking that everyone in this forum is your age ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom