MicroSD card for Galaxy S2

rickson23

The Pirate King
Hey guys need to buy Micro SD card for storage on my Galaxy S2..Which are reliable brands?
Does Class rating matter ?
I plan to buy 32gb , Does it slow my phone when full ?
And please mention some online stores like flipkart to buy one.
thanku

yashthedude

Gonna rock da whole world
Yes class matters.....Buy class 10 always
and if u wanna buy 32 gb class 10
then it will never slowdown ur S II

The link is down here:-Transcend SD 32GB Class 10 Memory Card | Memory Card | Flipkart.com

Trusted by me.

This card can be used as Micro SD also and Camera Card also.

Regards,
Yash Patil

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
Get a Transcend or Sandisk card. Both have around 5 yrs warranty. am using both the brand for last 4-5 yrs with no problem.

As for the speed of the phone, I have a friend who has almost 30gb full in S2 with movies and songs... I have never seen a problem of speed with his phone.

aroraanant

Explorer
Prefer a sandisk card.
And yes class does matters, get a class 6 card.
You can get it from anywhere like ebay, snapdeal, tradus, flipkart, homeshop18

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
+1 to Sandisk.
More the class the better. And considering the ability of S2 to shoot videos in 1080p, you are better off with a class 10 card.

mitraark

Decrepit
But is Class 10 really required in Mobile Phones ? They don't need such high speed read/write , only DSLRs can utilize Class 10 i heard.

Class 10 is obviously better than the slower classes but some specific models have problems with Class 10 cards , check in various forums about your model before buying.

yashthedude

But is Class 10 really required in Mobile Phones ? They don't need such high speed read/write , only DSLRs can utilize Class 10 i heard.

Class 10 is obviously better than the slower classes but some specific models have problems with Class 10 cards , check in various forums about your model before buying.

Who said??
S II can use class 10 cards
I have it and its great
First you may check ur knowledge and then post.

Does it affect app launch time? Or just copying files to pc?

It affects both......
Bro i have given you a link buy it without any tension
I also have it and i am using from 2 years.
If you have any problem you can ask me.

mitraark

Decrepit
Who said??
S II can use class 10 cards
I have it and its great
First you may check ur knowledge and then post.

Look i'm sorry but i asked this beacuse i did read about problems with Class 10 Micro SD cards from some users in XDA ...

xda-developers - View Single Post - microsd samsung 32 gb class 10 lag and problems

The class 10 approx parameters are... Read- 22 mb/s write 10 mb/s
The class 4 are Read 10 mb/s Write 4 mb/s...

So why your phones working bad with class 10?

Because those are linear read-write speeds...and you are using it only while USB connection by moovie transfer or watching... What is the rest card usage?

It is random read-write or seqental read-write used by yor apk's or fo example thumbs of stock gallery.
These speeds are for class 10 - 0.08 mb/s
class 4 - 0.8 mb/s

See the difference now? So class 10 is good for DSLR cameras or mediaplayers etc. Class 4 perfect for phone.

I honestly haven't had first hand experience so i try to do as much as i can by reading other people's comment , never meant to say anything out of turn :(

yashthedude

Look i'm sorry but i asked this beacuse i did read about problems with Class 10 Micro SD cards from some users in XDA ...

xda-developers - View Single Post - microsd samsung 32 gb class 10 lag and problems

I honestly haven't had first hand experience so i try to do as much as i can by reading other people's comment , never meant to say anything out of turn :(

Its OK buddy no Problem.

Just next time be a little carefull.

aroraanant

Explorer
^^^^
I obviously know that class 10 is better than class 6 but for normal use class 6 for S2 will be fine.
Yes if one has to shoot a lot of Full HD videos then I recommend a class 10 card.

Top Bottom