Microphone problem in HD audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
I have a ASUS K8N-VM motherboard it fearures Analog Digital AD1986A High Definition audio. The problem is that the microphone doesn't works when I connect it to the rear port. But when I connect front pannel(AC'97 compliant) audio cable to the board then microphone works from front port but still it doesn't works from rear one. Help me thanx in advance.

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
nishant_nms said:
the microphone port works as the centre and subwoofer port in 5.1 channel and it makes sound
You mean to say that your Mic, Speaker & Woofer is on the same port? :)

OP
nishant_nms

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
hey man the mic doesn't works in 2.1 mode and in 5.1 mode mic is not availabe. Haven't u used it ever(onboard 5.1)

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
nishant_nms said:
hey man the mic doesn't works in 2.1 mode and in 5.1 mode mic is not availabe. Haven't u used it ever(onboard 5.1)
Buddy, i have an old pc. Not p4, its p3 here. :)

narangz

Web developer
try doing this:
go to master volume(speaker icon near clock)
click options and select advanced controls
under the mic slider click advanced. if it has an option 'front panel microphone' selected then de-select it.

OP
nishant_nms

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
@narangz thanx man it worked
repped u
One more thing I also face a problem of noise in audio like when u recive no signal on TV. But when I uninstall the audio driver of Mobo and use default Microsoft driver it works fine. Any other pepole using ASUS K8N-VM face such problem or not. Plz post

Last edited:

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
nishant_nms said:
@narangz thanx man it worked
repped u
One more thing I also face a problem of noise in audio like when u recive no signal on TV. But when I uninstall the audio driver of Mobo and use default Microsoft driver it works fine. Any other pepole using ASUS K8N-VM face such problem or not. Plz post
Do u mean to say that hissing sound on the TV when there are ants running all over the TV? :)

narangz

Web developer
Did you try installing latest audio drivers? Maybe it'll help. Also if you have any TV tuner card then update its driver & viewing application.

Well if you find Azilla HD compatible frontpanel do let me know :)

OP
nishant_nms

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
@The Unknown ya the same sound.

@narangz I have got latest drivers and I have no TV Tuner. I am not able to get tha Azaila compatible front pannel in my city so I was asking whether it is available in other cites or not

It works normal in Windows XP x64 Edition.

NikhilVerma

Padawan
I have the exact same problem but weirder!

I have the same mobo ... K8N-VM ... with Analog Digital AD1986A High Definition audio but in Windows Vista it thinks that my card gives gives digital output ... But I want it to work the analog way ! As I don't hear any sound currently from it ...

But when I try to install my audio drivers for windows XP ... I get sound from only the front two speakers .... I have a 5.1 speaker setup.

Has anyone found drivers for this card for Vista ?

NikhilVerma

Padawan
Your mic won't work in 2.1 mode either .... the .1 is for subwoofer... on which u connect ur microphone ... so to get microphone working on rear port set your audio to 4 channels and then try it.

OP
nishant_nms

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
@NikhilVerma I have got my that problem solved.
I was asking about the buzzing/hushing sound

Last edited:

NikhilVerma

Padawan
even I get that hissing sound when I am playing a game and then I press Alt+Tab.... dunno how that comes

And can you plz gimme the direct link to the drivers for Vista ? I have analog speakers .... and I need 5.1 Audio in my vista installattion ...

Which download section you were talking about ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom