Micromax Yu Yuphoria Discussion Thread

abcxyz

Journeyman
Micromax YU Yuphoria
Finally got the phone an hour ago(2[SUP]nd[/SUP] June). As I'm at office couldn't test it fully.

Complete Review -
After using the phone for 4 days I would not recommend this phone for others.
Cons-

1. Screen doesn't wake up immediately when we get calls, it take 4-5secs to wake up.
  2. UI has few bugs- some icons gets stuck during normal functions.
  3. After clicking the home button for 4 day, I get a feeling that it would last only 1 month :p
  4. Battery drains very quickly. As of now I did not play any games/movies even then it lasts around 10 hours.
  5. Even if I used whatsapp and take few pics then we can observe heating near camera area.
  6. Few mins of 3G internet access leads up to heating near camera area.
  7. When I use uber app, it doesn't show the current location, maps is not working in uber.(I will explorer more on this and update here)

Pros-
  1. Camera is a surprise for me, it is very good at this price range
  2. Touch is pretty good(no lag)
  3. Themes are good(CM has few free theme - I have to explorer more here)

I will add few more points later on.

First Flash Sale Details-

• [*=center]Only Buffed Steel version was available. :-?
    [*=center]Was completely sold out and even the waiting list was at 100% in first one minute. :-o
    [*=center]There was no One Day Delivery :shock: service available.(So the default delivery mode was selected)
    [*=center]I bought the mobile but, Delivery estimate: Monday 8 June 2015 :evil:
    [*=center]It is been shipped through Blue Dart and my phone is still in Gurgaon:-x
    [*=center]

It will be available exclusively on Amazon.in
Fresh Registrations are open for sale on 04th June, 2PM and
*No Fresh registration required for registered customers .

Check this>> Amazon.in: Yuphoria: Electronics

For Specifications and other details check 3rd post by bssunil,

Apart from the mobile Yu also launched..
Yu YuFit Band @ Rs 999 -
It features an OLED display that can track steps, track your sleep and also alert you about incoming calls and messages. The Yu Fit Band is accompanied by the YuFit app which will work with HealthifyMe service to give feedback on data collected by the band.

*stech3.firstpost.com/tech2images/640x359/proportional/jpeg/2015/05/yufit_640-624x351.jpg

HealthYu cassette @ Rs 4,999 -
HealthYU cassette, that lets you measure body vitals like ECG, skin temperature, blood oxygen saturation, heart rate and respiration rate. This device is an open platform and can work with any smartphone. Yu CEO and Founder Rahul Sharma also gave a live demo of the device measuring body vitals. With a single click, the ECG can be sent to the doctor.
*tech.firstpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/HEALTH_640.jpg

Attachments

• yufit_640-624x351.jpg
    yufit_640-624x351.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 148
  • HEALTH_640.jpg
    HEALTH_640.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Micromax's Yu Yuphoria With Cyanogen OS 12, Snapdragon 410 Launched at Rs. 6,999

For specifications, the Yu Yuphoria features a 5-inch HD (720x1280 pixels) TFT IPS display and sports third-generation Corning Gorilla Glass for protection. Sharma at the launch claimed that the screen to ratio on the Yuphoria is 67 percent. The Yuphoria runs Android 5.0 Lollipop-based Cyanogen OS 12.

The handset is powered by a 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 (MSM8916) processor coupled with 2GB of RAM and Adreno 306 GPU. It features 16GB of built-in storage.

The dual-SIM based Yuphoria supports 4G and features accelerometer, ambient, proximity, gyroscope, and e-compass. It sports an 8-megapixel rear camera with an f/2.2 lens and LED flash. while also featuring a 5-megapixel front camera with f/2.0 aperture. It is backed by a 2230mAh battery, and weighs 143 grams.

The smartphone will be available in Buffed Steel and Champagne Gold colours.

*i.imgur.com/R0Xqoqx.png?1
*i.imgur.com/8nyGdpZ.png
*i.imgur.com/US9cGJL.png
*i.imgur.com/FjWbDXE.png

Source:ndtv.com

The Volstagg

Broken In
After reading all the specs about this phone, it seems it will beat all current droid phones below 7000 range... Maybe it can stand as 2nd best phone below ₹10000 range( the first being his elder bro yu yureka). Though processor speed is a bit slow, it may not matter as much, as it sports a 2GB ram. The OS and its version is also a big plus point. Really guys!! I feel this phone is made to win the hearts of budget - strict people. Now only someone had got his hands on it. The review would be complete!

Sent from my Spice Mi-498 using Digit, powered by appyet.com

OP
A

abcxyz

Journeyman
Anyone buying the phone tomorrow?

I have a query, actually I registered 1 week back and forgot which email I used in amazon.
Now do we get any mail after we register/subscribe for Yu product?
How can I check my subscriptions in amazon?

BhargavJ

In the zone
I wanted to buy, but only the Steel version was available, not the Gold version. I'm still waiting. Anyone knows when the next sale will start, or whether the phone is available in the market?

I had logged in before 2 PM; before the sale started, they said only the Steel one was available so I decided to just and watch. A few seconds after 2 PM, I clicked the refresh button and it said 31% of the phones had been claimed. I kept refreshing; it didn't take even a full minute for all the phones to be claimed. In a few minutes, even the waiting list was full. I don't know how many mobile phones got sold in that one minute.

OP
A

abcxyz

Journeyman
i BOUGHT THE PHONE FOR MY COUSIN. GREAT ONE!

how did your cousin get one?

I wanted to buy, but only the Steel version was available, not the Gold version. I'm still waiting. Anyone knows when the next sale will start, or whether the phone is available in the market?

I had logged in before 2 PM; before the sale started, they said only the Steel one was available so I decided to just and watch. A few seconds after 2 PM, I clicked the refresh button and it said 31% of the phones had been claimed. I kept refreshing; it didn't take even a full minute for all the phones to be claimed. In a few minutes, even the waiting list was full. I don't know how many mobile phones got sold in that one minute.

Updated the first post have a look at it.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Going to buy this today for my cousin.

Any solid reason not to buy it? You have less than 2 hours to suggest!

ashs1

Padawan
If your cousin has lots of hevc/h265 videos, stay away from yureka.. Heats up terribly and causes heavy battery drain

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
If your cousin has lots of hevc/h265 videos, stay away from yureka.. Heats up terribly and causes heavy battery drain
Yureka =/= Yuphoria.

And hevc isn't common, atleast not in India. I still see people downloading movies/shows in .avi format. :facepalm:

mitraark

Decrepit

WTH ?! Im surprised at how so little battery is consumed on video playback(high bitrate 1080p x265 encoded videos, 4 mins~200MB ) 1 hour of playback hardly consumes 20% battery. My Z Ultra on the other hand drains almost twice as fast, though screen size isn't that much larger.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Bought. I hope I get to play with Yuphoria for a few days before I hand the phone to him.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Booked + Prepaid(amazon.in) with success....:mrgreen:waiting for the cyanogenmod OS to tinker with.:wink:

Top Bottom