Micromax FunBook Review

makimps

Broken In
Re: Micromax FunBook Review - Using Reliance Netconnect+

Hi Guys, i am new to this forum. First of all thanks to all of your suggestions on buying Micro max Fun Book. I ordered from Snap deal and i got my Tablet 2 days back. Service of the Snap deal is awesome they delivered the product within 1 day (I am in Chennai).

I am Coming to the point directly. Here i am going to share my experience of using the tablet.

I do not want to tell about the specification, but i want to really comment on the tablet.

Tablet is awesome with ICS. I do not have any negative to say about this tablet. All the things are working fine including pinch zoom in Web Browser.

Important thing.. Most of them are thinking that this tablet will support only Tata Docomo. But this will support Reliance Netconnect+ also...

Yes guys, what i am saying is true, i tried with my reliance netconnect + and it is working fine.. even now i am messaging from the Tablet only with reliance netconnect +.

Will tell you how to do that.

1. Go to Settings--> Slect More--> then Mobile Networks
2. Enable Mobile network and also enable data while roaming.
3. With the given Extension card for connecting the USB port connect your Reliance.
4. Click on the Mobile networks, in that you can see "TATA" with the dial number #777.
5. Click that, it will go inside that option,
6. Then Scroll to the user name and password section.
7. Select and enter your user name and password of your Reliance(ie. MDN Number)
8. Then save and come out.

You will then automatically connected to the internet with the Reliance data card.

Enjoy... Happy Browsing.

Let me know your comments on this. If you have any Queries pls let me know

Can you please let me know, if i can connect my BSNL EVDO datacard in Micromax Funbook

sid_xD

Right off the assembly line
Re: Micromax FunBook Review - Using Reliance Netconnect+

Yeah, the back button should save it, if it doesnt, most probably your device hasnt been recognised (but since the green led blinks, that means, the device is ready to connect!! Kinda confusing)

I had been facing the same while trying to save the APN without connecting the device, but i was able to save the APN, after connecting the device!

1)first u will notice that in mobile services there will be no profile in apn
2)when u connect the device u will see that a profile named TATA will appear.
3)open the profile and put the required information.dont touch the mcc n mnc thing.just put username and password. In apn u will see that there is #777. keep is at it is.(IT WORKS AS RELIANCE NETCONNECT DOESNT HAVE APN ADRESS)
4)press back(IF u r unable to save press the menu button i.e physical button below home there u will find option save)
5)now click on the dot which is on left side of the tata profile. the dot will turn blue and after few sec the internet will be connected. u will see the range and all in notification area.

biswajit2k

I tried instructions given by srm_harish and varunparakh but I"m still not able to connect my Reliance Netconnect Broadband+ data-card. I do not see the Reliance/Tata in the menu under "mobile networks" when I connect. Also I tried creating new APN and saving (with the menu from physical menu button) but that APN doesn't reappear. If anyone can help more that'll be great!

shraone

Dear Tenida,

This is the best detailed review ever that i came accros so far... :)
thanks for making it.

and also i wanted to know can i get This Funbooks Default rom any where... the thing is i had its backup and it seems i lost it now... :(

can u help?

KedarKulkarni

Very nice and informative review. Thanks lot.

I have very basic question. I do not have any 3 G dongle/netconnect. I have a BSNL broadband with WIFI modem. Can this network be directly used over Funbook. Is this direct connection feasible?

-Kedar Kulkarni

shraone

Very nice and informative review. Thanks lot.

I have very basic question. I do not have any 3 G dongle/netconnect. I have a BSNL broadband with WIFI modem. Can this network be directly used over Funbook. Is this direct connection feasible?

-Kedar Kulkarni

@Kedar Kulkarni : Yes it is possible. i use BSNL BB on Digisol DG-BG4011N ADSL BB Router. Works like a charm :)

and @all others : Please help me finding Micromax Funbook's Original ROM. :(

enticer86

Stay Silent!
I tried instructions given by srm_harish and varunparakh but I"m still not able to connect my Reliance Netconnect Broadband+ data-card. I do not see the Reliance/Tata in the menu under "mobile networks" when I connect. Also I tried creating new APN and saving (with the menu from physical menu button) but that APN doesn't reappear. If anyone can help more that'll be great!

Same here

dingdong

Banned
guys how is blackberry playbook compared to this.

I am planning to get a tablet just for timepass things mainly for reading stuffs.Video watching,music and surfing is also included.thats it.

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak
guys how is blackberry playbook compared to this.

I am planning to get a tablet just for timepass things mainly for reading stuffs.Video watching,music and surfing is also included.thats it.

Blackberry Playbook has altogether different OS. In terms of hardware:
PB wins. In App. support and OS: Funbook wins. In terms of affordability: FB. So FB is better than PB.
Don't buy PB because it has limited app support. Sooner or later your fun will be totally drain.

azzu

AJJU
I have locked the device by entering wrong pattern in lock mode (my cousin did it :( )
its asking for google account and pass ,
as the wifi is off on my funbook , iam unable to sign in ..
any other ways without hard reseting the funbook that i can get it to work ?

dingdong

Banned
Blackberry Playbook has altogether different OS. In terms of hardware:
PB wins. In App. support and OS: Funbook wins. In terms of affordability: FB. So FB is better than PB.
Don't buy PB because it has limited app support. Sooner or later your fun will be totally drain.

I have read it has a poor internet connectivity except tata no other connection you can take.Even for that you have to pay rs 500 per month.Now this is too much.Isnt there any cheaper services which we can connect?

azzu

AJJU
got my funbook locked with incorrect pattern inputs..
now as its not connected to internet thru wifi i cant sign in ..
i want to factory reset the Funbook.
so i hold option and power button and boot into recovery mode but iam unable to select the options there ( unable to move up and down with volume + , - keys , Although the keys are working perfectly , have checked it after turning it on..)
any help guys..
iam sitting with a perfectly looking but non -functional brick from last 24 hours tried all workarounds nothings working

dingdong

Banned
got my funbook locked with incorrect pattern inputs..
now as its not connected to internet thru wifi i cant sign in ..
i want to factory reset the Funbook.
so i hold option and power button and boot into recovery mode but iam unable to select the options there ( unable to move up and down with volume + , - keys , Although the keys are working perfectly , have checked it after turning it on..)
any help guys..
iam sitting with a perfectly looking but non -functional brick from last 24 hours tried all workarounds nothings working

so you mean to say i should not get this useless product?

Top Bottom