Micromax FunBook Review

enticer86

Stay Silent!
Re: Micromax FunBook Review - Using Reliance Netconnect+

Just connect the data card first, then do as sms harsh has specified,

Steps :

1. Plug in the device.
2. Go to Settings -> More -> Mobile Networks -> APN -> New APN (top right corner).
3. Enter any name for the connection, enter APN (connection specific).
4. If somehow it asks for MNC & MCC nos, then find your connection and location specific one's from here.
5. Press back & then click on the APN to connect (if it doesnt connect automatically!)

Good luck!

This should solve : Most up to date list of MCC and MNC codes: mobile country codes ? mobile network codes

Tried doing:
1. Inserted the Reliance NetConnect dongle (ZTE 2736)
2. Went to settings >more> Access point names> new apn> :
Name : Rel
APN : #777 (this is the dial in number that I see when I access datacard on desktop
MCC/MNC: 405/05
Username/Password : the usual username & password
3. After filling all these details, i use the back key (there is NO save option)
4. The APN screen is again blank. Does not show the APN that I just created.
5. The dongle LED blinks green, but still, no internet access!!!

varunparakh

Gamer in me

Tried doing:
APN : #777 (this is the dial in number that I see when I access datacard on desktop
3. After filling all these details, i use the back key (there is NO save option)

Yeah, the back button should save it, if it doesnt, most probably your device hasnt been recognised (but since the green led blinks, that means, the device is ready to connect!! Kinda confusing)

I had been facing the same while trying to save the APN without connecting the device, but i was able to save the APN, after connecting the device!

enticer86

Stay Silent!

Yeah, the back button should save it, if it doesnt, most probably your device hasnt been recognised (but since the green led blinks, that means, the device is ready to connect!! Kinda confusing)

I had been facing the same while trying to save the APN without connecting the device, but i was able to save the APN, after connecting the device!

Just made a quick video using my cellphone. Please point out what I am doing wrong:
MMX FB APN Settings :| - YouTube

varunparakh

Gamer in me

Just made a quick video using my cellphone. Please point out what I am doing wrong:
MMX FB APN Settings :| - YouTube

#777 as APN ? :O (it should be the dialing number)
Are you sure ? ?

APN's are Access Point Names, for ex: mine for an aircel connection is Aircelgprs.

I googled a bit, read that for Reliance users 'rcomnet' is a common APN for gsm broadband users and is blank ie nothing for cdma broadband users.

Theodre

In the zone
I was considering on buying this one and was looking for the review, thanks :)
Everything was perfect except for the battery life!! I fear after a 6-month continuous use we may have to carry the charger wherever we go :( :?:

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak
I was considering on buying this one and was looking for the review, thanks :)
Everything was perfect except for the battery life!! I fear after a 6-month continuous use we may have to carry the charger wherever we go :( :?:

It gives around 6 hours battery when reading only ebook and 4 Hours with watching videos, internet surfing, games and listening to music. Battery backup getting better day by day.

enticer86

Stay Silent!

#777 as APN ? :O (it should be the dialing number)
Are you sure ? ?

APN's are Access Point Names, for ex: mine for an aircel connection is Aircelgprs.

I googled a bit, read that for Reliance users 'rcomnet' is a common APN for gsm broadband users and is blank ie nothing for cdma broadband users.

Using NetConnect+ CDMA dongle. Funbook does not accept blank APN, and there is not option to provide the dialing number.

varunparakh

Gamer in me

Using NetConnect+ CDMA dongle. Funbook does not accept blank APN, and there is not option to provide the dialing number.

APN is 'rcomnet' without quotes. Even i am using a reliance 3g sim!
Its the same.

johnpaul123

Right off the assembly line

Tried doing:

hi im facing same problem

any solution on it guys ???

Top Bottom