I am now feeling that NXG XTab A10 4GB is a much better option

NXG Electronics Pvt Ltd

Price is 5690/- with shipping

Benefits of Xtab A10 over Funbook:
Processor : Cortex A8 1.5 GHz
Many dongles supported
No bloatwares
A bit heavier

All the other features matches with Funbook.

Here's the detailed review:*www.gogi.in/xtab-a10-tablet-unboxing-review-video.html
What say guys??

manoj_299

Out of Stock
Manoj, can you compare the performance and specs of veedee d10s with Funbook... So that I can make my decision.

Thanks in advance :smile:

I dont have the product right now but I can give some detail by google.

Highlights Micromax Funbook vs VeeDee D10

- 1.2 GHz Dual Core Cortex A8 Processor vs Cortex A8, 1.5 Ghz (+1 for Veedee D10)
- 512MB RAM (Same on both)
- Dual Mali 400 GPU vs Dual Mali-400 2D/3D graphics its same
- VGA Camera vs 1.3 MP Camera (+1 for D10)
- 4GB On-Board Memory vs 8 GB Storage (+1 for D10)
- 2800mAh Battery vs 3800MAH (one of important, Again +1 for D10)
- Only Tata photon Modem Support vs D10 Modem support List - E173, E1731, E1732, E353, UMG 1831. (+1 for D10)
- No Headphone in bundle vs Headphone comes with bundle

Wait for pics when my unit arrives

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak
[/COLOR]
I dont have the product right now but I can give some detail by google.

Highlights Micromax Funbook vs VeeDee D10

- 1.2 GHz Dual Core Cortex A8 Processor vs Cortex A8, 1.5 Ghz (+1 for Veedee D10) You are wrong here. First both have same SOC. Second Allwinner A10 SOC runs at 1.2GHZ. Source
- 512MB RAM (Same on both)
- Dual Mali 400 GPU vs Dual Mali-400 2D/3D graphics its same
- VGA Camera vs 1.3 MP Camera (+1 for D10) Funbook camera quality is like 1.3MP
- 4GB On-Board Memory vs 8 GB Storage (+1 for D10) Previously Veedee D10 came with 4GB onboard storage and price tag of 6.9K. They decrease their price and onboard storage by looking at the success of funbook.

- 2800mAh Battery vs 3800MAH (one of important, Again +1 for D10)
Funbook can easily give 4hours on full charge, that's quite good for a 2800Mah battery i think
- Only Tata photon Modem Support vs D10 Modem support List - E173, E1731, E1732, E353, UMG 1831. (+1 for D10)As this is a hit product, we will definitely find stable ROM in near future. So, this issue will be fixed easily.
- No Headphone in bundle vs Headphone comes with bundle That veedee D10's earphone will not cost more than 20bucks lol

Wait for pics when my unit arrives

And last thing Funbook is lot more slimmer and build quality is somehow better than the Veedee. Also the screen quality in Funbook is better too.

Replied in green

enticer86

Stay Silent!
Srm harsh, as i had posted, with the help of the given steps, i was able to connect my datacard, but now after i have factory reseted, the device, when i try to enter, name and apn (as i had done before) it is asking for MCC MNC nos(previously it had not asked of anything of the sort) as well, after googling a bit, i found 405-806 to be the nos, bt even after putting these, it does not save

Any idea ?

EDIT

S O L V E D

How solved? Same problem here.

satswid

Broken In
[/COLOR]

Replied in green

I agree buddy, and the ever-growing popularity of Funbook is a very good point.
We are getting many videos of doing xyz on Funbook in youtube.

Another plus points for Funbook would be:
1. It is from a known brand 'Micromax'.
2. It has received mostly positive reviews everywhere.
3. I went through some reviews, which suggested its performance to be far superior than D10 and Zinc tablets.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Guys is it possible to detach the funbook batteries ? maybe use a higher mah battery instead.. I already have one of these, will it be compatible to funbook ?
Flipkart.com: Cooler Master Choiix C-2021-W1S0 Power Fort 5600 mAh Rechargeable Battery: Battery Charger

manoj_299

Out of Stock
Guys is it possible to detach the funbook batteries ? maybe use a higher mah battery instead.. I already have one of these, will it be compatible to funbook ?
Flipkart.com: Cooler Master Choiix C-2021-W1S0 Power Fort 5600 mAh Rechargeable Battery: Battery Charger

But its look like external battery which u can use as external charger.

For internal battery u can use any lithium battery pic the output of 3.7 volts. And the mAh completely on ur budget (the hugger the mAh the hugger the battery backup plus the higher price) and please don't forget to check the size of battery that if it fits or not inside the space for battery.

azzu

AJJU
pros in favor of VeeDee D10s like :
1. No Hard button , only onscreen.
That depends on your own taste , i pretty much like the hardware buttons on Funbook
2. No bloatwares, Raw ICS.
can be easily done with the funbook within 30 mins of time..this shudnt be deciding factor for buying vedee over funbook
3. 2 USB ports, (1 direct one + 1 micro USB )
trust me having a microUSB connector to connect USB devices is much better than a dedicated one on the tablet ( cause of aesthetic issues)

And mainly funbook looks alot better than veede ( especially the midnight black one )

OP
Tenida

Tenida

Gadget Freak
@Azzu- You got the midnight black version from snapdeal?? Can you post some pics of it, as I haven't found any pics of it on entire internet.

azzu

AJJU
^ Yep , Got it from Letsbuy..
will post soon :).
i dont have a dongle nor a wifi connection to connect my funbook to internet..
so iam unable to check its all features..(waiting to buy a good wifi router :( )

ritvij

rated R
1azzu-- check serpent16's bazaar post.. he had a router on sale.. btw, you must have got a photon dongle with the funbook???

azzu

AJJU
^ na.. the photon dongle isnt provided with the Box..
a coupon is provided , so that u can visit nearest Tata dealer and get a dongle with paying 500rs* and also plan charges..

gyathishkumar

Right off the assembly line
Re: Micromax FunBook Review - Using Reliance Netconnect+

hi,
im using reliance data card model zte ac2737. i cannot connect my data card with my funbook. Pls help

Thanks
Yathish

gyathishkumar

Right off the assembly line

Hi Guys, i am new to this forum. First of all thanks to all of your suggestions on buying Micro max Fun Book. I ordered from Snap deal and i got my Tablet 2 days back. Service of the Snap deal is awesome they delivered the product within 1 day (I am in Chennai).

I am Coming to the point directly. Here i am going to share my experience of using the tablet.

I do not want to tell about the specification, but i want to really comment on the tablet.

Tablet is awesome with ICS. I do not have any negative to say about this tablet. All the things are working fine including pinch zoom in Web Browser.

Important thing.. Most of them are thinking that this tablet will support only Tata Docomo. But this will support Reliance Netconnect+ also...

Yes guys, what i am saying is true, i tried with my reliance netconnect + and it is working fine.. even now i am messaging from the Tablet only with reliance netconnect +.

Will tell you how to do that.

1. Go to Settings--> Slect More--> then Mobile Networks
2. Enable Mobile network and also enable data while roaming.
3. With the given Extension card for connecting the USB port connect your Reliance.
4. Click on the Mobile networks, in that you can see "TATA" with the dial number #777.
5. Click that, it will go inside that option,
6. Then Scroll to the user name and password section.
7. Select and enter your user name and password of your Reliance(ie. MDN Number)
8. Then save and come out.

You will then automatically connected to the internet with the Reliance data card.

Enjoy... Happy Browsing.

Let me know your comments on this. If you have any Queries pls let me know

HI,

I'm using reliance datacard(model no: zte ac2737). But i couldn connect it with my fun book. i can not find anything in the mobile networks. can u pls provide the settings in tata such as mcc etc., which are there under mobile networks.

Thanks
yathish

rajan1311

Padawan
I am now feeling that NXG XTab A10 4GB is a much better option

NXG Electronics Pvt Ltd

Price is 5690/- with shipping

Benefits of Xtab A10 over Funbook:
Processor : Cortex A8 1.5 GHz
Many dongles supported
No bloatwares
A bit heavier

All the other features matches with Funbook.

Here's the detailed review:Xtab A10 tablet PC Unboxing video and review
What say guys??

I have the Xtab A10 (review sample) right now...let me know if you want to know anything...

first impressions: Pretty good tab, good screen not so great audio..battery is also fine, nothing to boast about..

enticer86

Stay Silent!

HI,

I'm using reliance datacard(model no: zte ac2737). But i couldn connect it with my fun book. i can not find anything in the mobile networks. can u pls provide the settings in tata such as mcc etc., which are there under mobile networks.

Thanks
yathish

Same here.. gone insane adding all MCC settings and everything...:(

varunparakh

Gamer in me
How solved? Same problem here.

Just connect the data card first, then do as sms harsh has specified,

Steps :

1. Plug in the device.
2. Go to Settings -> More -> Mobile Networks -> APN -> New APN (top right corner).
3. Enter any name for the connection, enter APN (connection specific).
4. If somehow it asks for MNC & MCC nos, then find your connection and location specific one's from here.
5. Press back & then click on the APN to connect (if it doesnt connect automatically!)

Good luck!

varunparakh

Gamer in me

HI,

Thanks
yathish

Same here.. gone insane adding all MCC settings and everything...:(

This should solve : Most up to date list of MCC and MNC codes: mobile country codes ? mobile network codes

Top Bottom