Micromax A50 ANDROID DUAL SIM@ Rs.4999 : Should i buy this?

kool

Cyborg Agent
Guys, i want to buy a android cheap & best mobile. Can anybody tell me hows micromax A50 ?

Micromax A50 Superfone Ninja Specification :

3.1 inch capacitive touch screen
Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread
Artificial Intelligence Speech Handset Assistance, AISHA like SIRI :mrgreen:
Dual SIM
3G
Wi-Fi, GPRS connectivity, Bluetooth
2.0 MP Rear Camera
Gravity Sensor
Memory storage capacity expandable Up to 32 GB
Micromax A50 Superfone Ninja Price in India Rs 4,999

*androidos.in/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Micromax-A50.jpg
Details: Micromax announces A50 Superfone Ninja, takes on Siri with AISHA | AndroidOS.in

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
The specs of this phone matches with the price of the device. So don't expect this to b4 a revolutionary product.
I will give you a bare minimum which every Android should have to enjoy it.
600 Mhz processor,
3.2" screen,
1500 mAh battery

Article doesn't mention battery. Which is a crucial element for an Android phone.

Conclusion: buy it only of you want features from the exhaustive choices of apps from the market.
But of you want an "experience" of Android, then wait for sometime, collect twice the budget and buy a good branded mobile.

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
Only if, you are comfortable listening to the comment from your friends "Huh, china ka maal"
The processor is horrible at 650Mhz, its like a Mercedes with a Maruti 800's Engine (You know what I mean?), it'll make you weep hard after a few days of use as it'll start lagging.

Better buy a branded phone unless you have lot of money to blow.

Guys, i want to buy a android cheap & best mobile

Brother, cheap and best never make a happy couple.
Its either cheap, or best.
Coz cheap can never be the best and best never comes cheap, if you know what I mean.

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
Tomorrow we'll have Lava with "AISH" and then GFive with "HAISHA"
ha ha.

I'm using Nokia 5230 wanted to buy a android set as my all frnds have ANDROID and iPhone which supports VIBER appliaction which can makes free calls anywhere in world viber to viber over 2G/3G. :) so want to know will this mobile support such apps? And i'm used to Nokia Screen resolution, it wont create any strain on EYE. but Samsung galaxy (Rs.8000 wala) screen hurt my eyes, dont know why..!! :|

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
ha ha.

I'm using Nokia 5230 wanted to buy a android set as my all frnds have ANDROID and iPhone which supports VIBER appliaction which can makes free calls anywhere in world viber to viber over 2G/3G. :) so want to know will this mobile support such apps? And i'm used to Nokia Screen resolution, it wont create any strain on EYE. but Samsung galaxy (Rs.8000 wala) screen hurt my eyes, dont know why..!! :|

Why don't you look for other Android devices?
Samsung Galaxy aath hazaar wala is not the only android phone in the world, is it?, there are plenty of them from HTC, Motorola, Sony etc.,
Go to gsmarena.com and have a look at the available devices.

I have no idea of viber as I use BlackBerry (and love it!), but am damn sure nokia will have a similar app (you may have to hunt hard for it though?)

The only thing that's bad about Android is the battery life, can't complaint much as touchscreen batteries always suffer from loose motions, you may end up charging twice or maybe thrice in a day with your data set to 'ON' mode.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
The only thing that's bad about Android is the battery life, can't complaint much as touchscreen batteries always suffer from loose motions, you may end up charging twice or maybe thrice in a day with your data set to 'ON' mode.

Now, those are some harsh claims. Agree that a battery is a week point in Androids. But what you mentioned is not true.

My phone has a 1500 mAh battery. And with the custom ROM, I get a superb battery life. Phone's cycle of full discharge is something between 24 to 48 hours depending on the usage. And I keep my data "ON" all the time.

Still, it can't be compared with Nokia phones, for whom battery is a specialty :p
Anyway, I already mentioned about battery life to OP in my previous post.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
even Nokia touch screen mobiles needs to be charged frequently if you keep browsing. i doubt it'll have any affect on a Nokia mobile if we keep data on. there are hardly any services running the background that will use the data connection and cause battery drain.

mdyipm

Right off the assembly line
The Processor of A50 is a bit less powered so the phone might not be a real ninja but at this price, the PHONE sounds is a perfect phone for people looking for low priced smart phones. Read more - Micromax A50 Android powered Dual Sim Phone

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
aisha- fail on 2g and 3g is expensive...
be ready to charge your phone everyday as micromax do not focus much on power efficiency so expect a talktime of just 4hrs...

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
i too use 5230 with bsnl and airtel 3g very good battery backup i charged fully then used for browsing whole day till battery drained to one bar didnt charged,left the phone at home for 2 days(as i had to go out for work) then came home today and its still 1 bar battery nokia has very good battery backup ...

kkeng

Broken In
Only if, you are comfortable listening to the comment from your friends "Huh, china ka maal"
The processor is horrible at 650Mhz, its like a Mercedes with a Maruti 800's Engine (You know what I mean?), it'll make you weep hard after a few days of use as it'll start lagging.

Better buy a branded phone unless you have lot of money to blow.

Brother, cheap and best never make a happy couple.
Its either cheap, or best.
Coz cheap can never be the best and best never comes cheap, if you know what I mean.

not always...you dont need to worry as long as you know how to tinker it out and extract best out of these mobiles.
I myself migrated from samsung i5800(INR 12800) to Spice Mi-350N(INR 7200) and never faced any lag with it despite of 100+ apps installed already. I did use customized rom, launcher, removed system apps, chainfire 3d etc.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Stay away from these cheap brands-I read in tdf..Save a bit more and get Galaxy Y

get this save 1k more and get this
Latest Samsung Galaxy Y Android 2.3 gingerbread 3G+free 2GB MEMORY CARD | eBay

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
i too use 5230 with bsnl and airtel 3g very good battery backup i charged fully then used for browsing whole day till battery drained to one bar didnt charged,left the phone at home for 2 days(as i had to go out for work) then came home today and its still 1 bar battery nokia has very good battery backup ...
bro..... NOKIA battery is awesome than any other mobile phone. and recently bought 1430mah battery for nokia 5230. m fully satisfied with it.

Stay away from these cheap brands-I read in tdf..Save a bit more and get Galaxy Y

get this save 1k more and get this
Latest Samsung Galaxy Y Android 2.3 gingerbread 3G+free 2GB MEMORY CARD | eBay

Is there any android mobile with good screen like nokia 5230 has. I've used galaxy Y. its screen light and fonts gives pain to my eyes, cant read news site for long time.

kkeng

Broken In
bro..... NOKIA battery is awesome than any other mobile phone. and recently bought 1430mah battery for nokia 5230. m fully satisfied with it.

Is there any android mobile with good screen like nokia 5230 has. I've used galaxy Y. its screen light and fonts gives pain to my eyes, cant read news site for long time.

do check LG optimus net P690, its screen is very crisp, vibrant and the best I've seen in entry models.

Tamoghno

Padawan
i think HTC Explorer have best screens in low ranges. but yes its costlier .

also can anybody confirm if its really a dual SIM phone ?

kartikoli

Busy!!
Buy A75 and install custom rom

on stock rom its pathetic but on custom rom if you hide micromax from the screen then it is equally placed to same category phones with really big screen

rikkuartz

Broken In
its a great phone at that price.. some quick unbox videos are available on youtube.

but dont expect it to work like siri.

Top Bottom