1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

Memory error

Discussion in 'Hardware Q&A' started by Arsenal_Gunners, Feb 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arsenal_Gunners

Arsenal_Gunners New Member

I have an athlon 64 3200+,asus a8n-e mobo,with 512x2 hynix ddr 400 ram in dual channel,and a geforce 6600 128 mb running win xp pro sp2.My problem is, from sometime a memory error keeps occuring in my system with a system beep of One Long Beep, Two Short Beeps.I tightened the dimms at first and all went well but the error keeps occuring at random.Sometimes the computer does not start at all and sometimes it turns off suddenly and beep occurs.I also reinstalled the ram butt the problem still occurs at random intervals, I EXPERIMENTED A BIT AND FOUND THAT ON 512 MB RAM IT WORKED FINE THROUOUT. :?:

2. samrulez

samrulez New Member

Don't know?Wired problem?Wait i will reply after i get it!!!!!

3. digiFriend

digiFriend New Member

try this ,it might help
    microsoft memory diagnostic "MTINST.exe" this program has to be install on floppy disk, computer will boot from it ,and start memory test.
    put one memory module at at time,run the test.

after each memory module test, put both module together and run the test.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.