Memory Card for Nokia N70

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuxfan

Technomancer
I have Nokia N70.

I find the accompanying 64MB memory card too restrictive and want to take a new one.

Is 1GB card compatible? Or shall I take 512MB only? Has anyone faced any issues with 1GB card?

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
I mentioned earlier in other thread also .. in india, you dont get good quality MMC easily.

N70 require DualVoltage - Reduced Size MMC

The one that comes in package is 64MB from Nokia, when I go to check out the higher size MMC from Nokia .. I cant find it. even I see lower quality chinese one available at Nokia Priority.

If you get those NCP/Samsung/Microsim .. local without bill, then even 512MB will hang & chances of getting it corrupt.

&

If you take Kingston or Transcend MMC, then no need to worry 1GB willl work like a charm.
these comes with lifetime warranty .. So no-issues

*www.photographyblog.com/images/products/transcend_mmc_mobile_1gb.jpg *www.kingston.com/flash/image_files/MMCmobile_1gb_adapter.jpg
_
mobilegeek

OP
tuxfan

tuxfan

Technomancer
Thanks mobilegeek :D I know It requires DV-RS-MMC. I have used that extra attachment for using a card reader with it :)

But I have heard that 6600 and other phones start giving problems with higher capacity cards. So I wanted to be sure before I spend a few thousand bucks on it. ;) My b'day is pretty near so can ask for it as a gift from close ones.

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
dont opt for the 1 gb card instead opt for 2 512 mb cards if u r happy carrying those i am not joking itz the reality

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
tuxfan said:
But I have heard that 6600 and other phones start giving problems with higher capacity cards. So I wanted to be sure before I spend a few thousand bucks on it. ;) My b'day is pretty near so can ask for it as a gift from close ones.
Kool :D .. lots of b'days this month :wink:

hmm .. yes I have also seen the problem with 6600, but I am sure thats bcoz of poor quality flash.
Just ask the person which brand is it.
For you.. Dont buy NCP .. take only Transcend & Kingston - better if you can get it from outside
in india its not available easily ..

& Go for 1 GB man .. no problem .. it will work fine..

Waise you know the difference in simtronics & transcend rams .. same applies here buddy. :D i dont need to tell u that na.

montsa007 said:
dont opt for the 1 gb card instead opt for 2 512 mb cards if u r happy carrying those i am not joking itz the reality
.. ha ha ha very funny man ...
a friend of mine has a shop
he said NCP 512 MB also givin hangin problem :lol: .. So he said ' I can give 256 to you" .. lol
the problem in quality of memory ..
The problem is NCP .. local chinese maal

Transcend or Kingston or Nokia 1GB .. works fine & faster than NCP.

OP
tuxfan

tuxfan

Technomancer
I wouldn't mind paying a little extra that outside if I get Nokia 1GB. But this is what I got from Nokia Customer Care in an email :roll: They are not even willing to confirm that N70 is compatible (or incompatible) with 1GB or 512 MB :x

Nokia Customer Care said:
In reference to your enquiry regarding Nokia N70, Nokia offers Reduced Size Memory Cards of various memory capacities such as 64MB, 128MB and 256MB. To ensure best functionality and compatibility of the memory cards with other Nokia products, we strongly recommend using only original branded memory cards. We are not in a position to assure full compatibility across all brands and products. We suggest you to purchase Nokia phones from our Priority Dealers.

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
*europe.nokia.com/nokia/0,,84174,00.html

oh man .. what to say .. that means their support in India int that good

anywayz

Just see this .. your confusion is gone now

--> *europe.nokia.com/nokia/0,,83227,00.html?s=MU-13 :D

1GB MMC Mobile compatible with:
N90
N70
6230i
Ngage QD