memory card for nokia 3230

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul_007

Padawan
i purchased nokia 3230 ,5 months back at that time i got only 32 mb RS MMC which is not sufficient for me, pls tell me what is the maximum size( i mean MB) of memory card which this phone can support?? and also its price and brand?

cyrux

In the zone
1 Gb Ncp is for 1200 here in hyderabad , but i suggest you go for a 512Mb card since the processor of 3230 cant handle 1Gb with great pace

OP
P

paul_007

Padawan
cyrux said:
1 Gb Ncp is for 1200 here in hyderabad , but i suggest you go for a 512Mb card since the processor of 3230 cant handle 1Gb with great pace

is it really slow??? , i mean .. i dont mind if it is little slow, all i want is more space

pls tell me if possible, how many seconds approximately it will take to move from one folder to another or opening one mp3 or video file or aaplications file??

thnx cyrux and pathiks for quick reply..

i also wanna ask one question:
i have read at may places that nokia 3230 dont support more than 256 MB or 512 MB memory card ,, is it true??

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
even i am thinking of going in for a i gb card for my 6600 my friend is using the combo and he says that because he filled the entire 1 gb his fone lags a little .... else everything is fine

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
If you want 1GB, rather carry 2 DV-RS MMC cards of 512MB. I am having a 512MB MMC card in my Nokia 3230 and it's made the phone real slow. And, since the card is hot swappable, you can swap b/w the cards anytime yuo like.

Pathik

Google Bot
i m using a 1gb rs dv mmc in my qd with 70 mb empty... and no probs... u should take a 1 gb only...

OP
P

paul_007

Padawan
tech_your_future said:
If you want 1GB, rather carry 2 DV-RS MMC cards of 512MB. I am having a 512MB MMC card in my Nokia 3230 and it's made the phone real slow. And, since the card is hot swappable, you can swap b/w the cards anytime yuo like.

i dont want to carry two separate cards because i will then have to open the cellphone panel again and again which will loosen the back panel of phone in the future, so i think 1 GB will be better

since pathik is using 1 GB card in his engage qd without any problem i dont think it will creae any problem in nokia3230,

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
paul_007 said:
i dont want to carry two separate cards because i will then have to open the cellphone panel again and again which will loosen the back panel of phone in the future, so i think 1 GB will be better

since pathik is using 1 GB card in his engage qd without any problem i dont think it will creae any problem in nokia3230,
i am also banking on what my friend is saying but only time will tell whether 1gb cards make the fones slow or no

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
It will bcome slow if you have a lot of content that's cuz s60 phones scan your entire memory card to find and sort content and appz.

Pathik

Google Bot
and always keep ur c/ clean ...
then u should not face ny probs.... also dont install ny antiviruses..

OP
P

paul_007

Padawan
hi teknoPhobia u rite , with one GB card my phone is lagging more than wat i expected( even it is 200 MB filled), it takes more than 40 to 50 seconds to move frm one folder to another, and takes 40 seconds to enter into memory card directory i will now replace it with two 512 MB cards..

cyrux

In the zone
pathiks said:
and always keep ur c/ clean ...
then u should not face ny probs.... also dont install ny antiviruses..

You are the first person who is asking to prevent an antivirus... why do you say that ??

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
cyrux said:
You are the first person who is asking to prevent an antivirus... why do you say that ??
Simply because it takes up resources while running in the background. So, it makes your phone slower.

Pathik

Google Bot
yup dont use antiviruses....
be ur own antivirus.... dont accept files 4m unknown people...
and delete the suspicous system files if u think u r infected

cyrux

In the zone
tech_your_future said:
Simply because it takes up resources while running in the background. So, it makes your phone slower.

So i guess the best thing to do is not to use an antivirus installed on your phone. Just keep an installer file and install it once a week to scan your phone...what say ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom