Memory Card Damaged...

Status
Not open for further replies.

He28

Still learning...
Hi all,
I am sure you guys will help me out.
I have Nokia 3230 with 256 Mb Memory card. I few days ago I was transferring some pics from card to computer using USB card reader. After the transfer I accidently did a Windows QuickFormat of that Memory Card. Now, when I insert the card in my cellphone and try to access it via phone, my Nokia shows the card damaged and asks to format it.
Now I can not access my card and also I am unable to format it using my cellphone... as when I try to format it, the process goes for about 10% and hangs there.
Guys, please help me with your expert suggestions and let me know that how can I format the card again so that it may be used by my Nokia 3230.
:confused:
Thanks.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
Is the card working with PC? If yes try a full formatting there. Card formatted in other phones /pc are not fully compatible in phones. Format ur card only using the device you want to use it most.

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
try formatting the card in other series 60 fone.i fail to understand how quickformatting ended up damaging ur card.Did u end up changing the disk type too...accidentally??

dreamzchm

Web Design Hobbyist
Try to format it again using the card reader in windows and select the following formatting options:
File System: FAT
Allocation Unit: Default
Then insert into the fone and try to format it there.it should work .Otherwise, try to format using another S60 device as told to u in the earlier posts.

OP
He28

He28

Still learning...
Thanks dreamzchm
Your suggestion helped. Did a FAT format and everything is fine now.
:)
Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom