Memory by Platform??

patkim

Cyborg Agent
On Corsair site I find separation of memory modules by platform like Intel / AMD. Is there any such categorization done ?

I plan to upgrade my system to AMD based and shall use 2 DDR3 mem modules of same size & make for enabling dual channel. Is there any other thing to be considered here? Thx

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ patkim - just tell us which mobo (make and model ) and cpu (make and model ) you will be using.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
AFAIK Most of/almost all- largely depending on the rev version of the memory stick/motherboard/Bios Ver. the Corsair memory modules will work on any platform AMD or Intel...
Fixed- only because there have been actual cases. They DO matter.

Honestly I hope the memory scene doesn't become SO complicated that newer memory kits would refuse to boot boards with initial chipset's rev versions. That's seriously going to suck big time.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Fixed- only because there have been actual cases. They DO matter.

Honestly I hope the memory scene doesn't become SO complicated that newer memory kits would refuse to boot boards with initial chipset's rev versions. That's seriously going to suck big time.

Awwh..man. That will be bad, if DIMMs have to be purchased looking at the chipset first.

Top Bottom