Medium Gaming rig under 72K

josin

In the zone
This Is for my friend and the budget is strictly under 72K.

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Mostly full HD gaming and watching full hd movies.Call of duty Ghosts, Elder scrolls V, AC IV,BF3 and MS word, Some photoshop, some encoding with free make converter.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 72,000/- Max.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:may be in future, he is not so sure.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:win 7 ultimate 64bit

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:2 Tb

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:yes any thing above 22" with full HD and IPS LED

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: he has APC 1KV Line interactive UPS and a 2.1 spk with him. all other things are wanted.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:next week

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: yup...have previous experience.will be done by us.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Kochi. Open to all on-line shops. Perfer MD computers, snapdeal and flipkart.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:we have the below configuration in mind,

1. Intel 3 Ghz LGA 1150 4430 i5 4th generation processor
2. Gigabyte ga-b85-d3h motherboard
3. Cooler master n300 cabinet
4. Dell s2340l 23 inch monitor with led
5. Sapphire dual-x r9 270x 2gb ddr5 oc
6. Corsair 8 gb ddr3 ram cmz8gx3m1a1600c10
7. Corsair cpu cooler ch40
8. Seagate barracuda 2 tb desktop internal hard drive
9. Keyboard and mouse
10. Dvd writer
11. ANTEC SMPS VP550P V2

so we have some doubts...

1.whether Corsair cpu cooler ch40 is compatible with LGA 1150 socket? ( we chose to install the liquid cooler to cope with a non ac (42°C)environment...)

2. Not being a "K" series Can Intel 3 Ghz LGA 1150 4430 i5 be still over clocked? if not which other one is better?

Any other suggestions which can reduce the budget are welcome.
Please suggest an alternative option with AMD Processor(for over clocking) and compatible MOBO which is compatible with Corsair cpu cooler ch40.

Last edited:

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
If you don't plan to overclock CPU cooler can be skipped. Also a B85 motherboard and non K Processor is not for overclocking.
Try to accomodate a 280x GPU. And for 8GB RAM go for 2x4GB.

OP
josin

josin

In the zone
If you don't plan to overclock CPU cooler can be skipped. Also a B85 motherboard and non K Processor is not for overclocking.
Try to accomodate a 280x GPU. And for 8GB RAM go for 2x4GB.
well 280X is out of our budget for the time being. Can you please suggest an AMD combination which can be overclocked?

what About 1.Biostar TA990FXE Motherboard and
2. AMD 3.5 GHz AM3+ FX 8320 8 Core Piledriver Processor

Last edited:

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
well 280X is out of our budget for the time being. Can you please suggest an AMD combination which can be overclocked?

what About 1.Biostar TA990FXE Motherboard and
2. AMD 3.5 GHz AM3+ FX 8320 8 Core Piledriver Processor

Sorry I don't have much idea about AMD configurations. But for a gaming PC, currently Intel rig is giving the best performance.
For an Intel rig I can suggest the following (non OC)

Intel Core i5 4440 11.3k
GIGABYTE GA-B85M-D3H 5.8k
Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 6.2k
Antec VP550p 3.6k
Sapphire/Asus R9 280x 24k
WD 2TB 5.5k
Dell S2240L 8.8k
Corsair Carbide 300r 4.5k
ODD 1k

The cabinet can be toned down to save some bucks.
From the discussions on this forum, you can see that overclocking does not bring any significant difference in gaming performance.

Also if you go for a HIS card you can save some money there also.

Last edited:

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Make the decision of when do you want to purchase AFTER Intel's presentation at GDC. I cannot reveal any information other than that as of now.

Honeydew

Broken In
- - - Updated - - -

At this price point intel processors such as i5 4440 will give a better gaming performence,and you can skip the cooler as you are not overclocking.So the build nomad47 suggested will be more powerfull and future proof.
You can get kingstone hyperx blue 1600 mgh ram(2x4) at 5.3k and get the nzxt phantom 410 cabinet and logitech mk200 keyboard mouse with the rest of the money.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
^^ They already did: Devil's Canyon will be Haswell Refresh. Same for newer pentium and upcoming haswell-e. The release date is 2H 2014, around June-July. If the buyer can wait, well and good! Or else Nomad's rig seems good enough.

Avoid Biostar.

Make the decision of when do you want to purchase AFTER Intel's presentation at GDC. I cannot reveal any information other than that as of now.

Pentium anniversary edition with unlocked multiplier, new enthusiast focused Hawsell processors and 9 series chipset coming out. Overclockers, rejoice!

Top Bottom