Medical Insurance Policy

billubakra

Conversation Architect
One more thing, post your mail on their social media pages. Please Google under which ministry insurance comes in and then tweet to that respective minister and department also.

vivek.virgo

Journeyman
Hi can anyone recommend any hassle free medical insurance for my mom aged 64 yrs?

Canara Bank offers mediclaim for their Savings Bank account holders via their tie-up with New India Assurance

My parents both aged 60+ have taken a cover of 5 lakhs for annual premium of 10,251

It's worth opening an account as the premium is very reasonable considering old age of insured who would have to shell out much more if they took a normal policy.

I have the policy info sheet with all details, can upload if needed by anyone here.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Canara Bank offers mediclaim for their Savings Bank account holders via their tie-up with New India Assurance

My parents both aged 60+ have taken a cover of 5 lakhs for annual premium of 10,251

It's worth opening an account as the premium is very reasonable considering old age of insured who would have to shell out much more if they took a normal policy.

I have the policy info sheet with all details, can upload if needed by anyone here.
Please upload.

Hrishi

I was considering to opt for Apolo Munich HI for my parents, ~55-60.
Now after seeing this Canara bank plan It makes me wonder if it's legit. There is almost 70% less premium!!!!!

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

chetansha

In the zone
Now after seeing this Canara bank plan It makes me wonder if it's legit. There is almost 70% less premium!!!!!

Yes 100% legit. Similar policy available with Andhra bank.
Pre existing disease won't be covered for first 4 years.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Hrishi

Yes 100% legit. Similar policy available with Andhra bank.
Pre existing disease won't be covered for first 4 years.

So what's the catch between these HI schemes offered by Nationalized banks like Canara Bank, Bank of Baroda and the ones offered by Private firms like Apolo, Religare of Cygna.

In my case parents already have accounts in several nationalized banks so if these are good plans without hassle then I can consider asking them to enroll.

chetansha

In the zone
So what's the catch between these HI schemes offered by Nationalized banks like Canara Bank, Bank of Baroda and the ones offered by Private firms like Apolo, Religare of Cygna.

In my case parents already have accounts in several nationalized banks so if these are good plans without hassle then I can consider asking them to enroll.

Frankly I don't see any catch here. Pvt insurance cos just play on your mind saying psu bank , bad service and b.s. like that.

vivek.virgo

Journeyman

Canara bank has a tie-up with apollo munich as well.
I have attached premium table below.
It costs more if both husband and wife need cover and are 50+ (~5K more than New India).

upload_2018-4-4_12-33-8.png

billubakra

Conversation Architect
TBH I really don't trust these insurance companies, don't matter whether you are going for public or private one's as both will cause unnecessary hassle when we need them the most. If the premium is even a single day late then we have to pay the fine but they can hold our money for months and in some cases don't give us at all with no repercussions. Acche din mitroooooo.

Top Bottom