Medical Insurance Policy

Ronnie012

Earthling
Which Insurance company is reliable for proving good overall cover for all diseases and provides hassle free payments(Cashless)?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rule of Thumb regarding any insurance policy: Always read full Terms & Conditions(& by that I literally mean every word) because a single word can make the difference between claim getting approved or rejected.

Als, on an average,pvt sector is better than public sector when it comes to medical policies(provided you follow the above thumb rule).

OP
Ronnie012

Ronnie012

Earthling
Rule of Thumb regarding any insurance policy: Always read full Terms & Conditions(& by that I literally mean every word) because a single word can make the difference between claim getting approved or rejected.

Als, on an average,pvt sector is better than public sector when it comes to medical policies(provided you follow the above thumb rule).

Which Pvt company would you recommend?
And why is pvt sector better than public?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't have experience with medical insurance policies but go through the below link for start(read all FAQs):
<Link to PolicyBazaar removed because of a request from their webmaster>
Also don't go for any fancy "unit linked health plan/investment+health insurance" etc.You buy health insurance for,well,health expenses & not for investment.For investment use investment options like mutual funds.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Ronnie012

Ronnie012

Earthling
Okay.

Is there any way we can file a complaint against an insurance company if they delay payment without valid reasons?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ok!I thought you are supposed to contact/inform IRDA first before proceeding with taking it up to higher level in your Insurance company.

OP
Ronnie012

Ronnie012

Earthling
Contact that company's ombudsman.
Can you tell me the procedure? My late father's insurance claim has been delayed for a year by a TPA (Family Health Plan Ltd) and policy is going to expire this month.
I am planning to take the matter to court.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Can you tell me the procedure? My late father's insurance claim has been delayed for a year by a TPA (Family Health Plan Ltd) and policy is going to expire this month.
I am planning to take the matter to court.
First of all I am so sorry for your loss.
Which is your insurance company and which is the TPA company?
I hope that you have all the reminders, mails etc sent to them in the past few months.
You need to send a final mail to their management and TPA explaining everything, keeping irda in cc. Also open a ticket here after sending them final mails
:: Grievance Redress Mechanism in Government ::
www.consumerhelpine.gov.in

OP
Ronnie012

Ronnie012

Earthling
First of all I am so sorry for your loss.
Which is your insurance company and which is the TPA company?
I hope that you have all the reminders, mails etc sent to them in the past few months.
You need to send a final mail to their management and TPA explaining everything, keeping irda in cc. Also open a ticket here after sending them final mails
:: Grievance Redress Mechanism in Government ::
www.consumerhelpine.gov.in
Insurance company is National Insurance Company Limited and TPA is Family Health Plan TPA.
I have my emails r\that I sent in the past few months ready.
Thanks for your advice.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Insurance company is National Insurance Company Limited and TPA is Family Health Plan TPA.
I have my emails r\that I sent in the past few months ready.
Thanks for your advice.
Same was mine. Their ho is in Kolkata. Get every mail address that you can get and shoot a mail there. Send the mail to TPA, keep irda and National in cc. Also raise tickets in those two links asap.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
The people in the attached photo are their officers in Punjab. I don't know the offices in your state, search for them on their official website and mark an email to everyone. Keep these officer is a loop too because I think few of them belong to the management.*uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171205/6ea2ba5b86edb0f4b213fea6401fd72f.jpg

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Thanks for your help. Really helpful.Should I also file a court case separately?
First send a mail. Lodge complaints on those two sites too. Send one or two reminder mails everyday. They well have to get back to you. The tpa's site also has numbers of their seniors, give a call to them too.

Top Bottom