media files not opening !

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
i got this strange problem in my laptop.none of my media files are opening.this happened after i uninstalled real player.now i have reinstalled real player 10.5 but mp3 and vcds are not playing in real player as well as in windows media player.its possible to browse the select the specific file but both players shut down automatically.

surprisingly if i pop in a dvd i m able to play it thru win dvd but not thru real player or WMP.

i thought that this may be a directx problem but i cannot open directx diagnostic tool.just a pop up comes which says that

' there was a problem last time when this tool tried to access system information.do u want to bypass it?'

pressing yes or no gives the same result,
nothing !!

if it is a directx problem shud i install 9.0c from the microsoft website (17 mb) or from the digit april or may dvd(34mb)

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Yes i think so coz it contains all the bare neccesity codecs though,
Else try d/l ing a premium codec pack..

Try it plz.

OP
mariner

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
expertno.1 said:
get the codec packs from here

*www.free-codecs.com/download/Codec_Pack_All_in_1.htm

downloading now. assume its better than klite. will post results !!

thanx

expertno.1

Technomancer
Hi Mariner ,

if it is a directx problem shud i install 9.0c from the microsoft website (17 mb) or from the digit april or may dvd(34mb)

WEll this might be also the problem of directx

better to get it from digit may dvd

why to waste time on downlaoding from the net ?

Well "Codec Pack All in one" will surely solve the problem but if it doesnt solves it then u sould do these

1) reinstall the viedo drivers
2) reinstall the real and WMP
3) create a new account and try there
4) revert back the changes using the system restore
5) reinsatll directx
6) and if nothing happens then its the time to take a headache i.e reinsatl the os

OP
mariner

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
well i installed the all in one codec pack: same result
system restored to earlier point: same result.
going to reinstall directx : lets see

one interesting thing, i logged on to a different user account and was able to play mp3 with nero showtime.when i logged on to my default account even showtime refused to play.

dont wanna reinstall the os cos dont wanna screw around with the laptop( naya naya hai bhai aur bahut expensive hai)

ne other options ppl ?

OP
mariner

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
well guys none of the solutions working. looks like have to take backup and use my system recovery disk to get back in shape !!

will i loose all the extra applications i had installed ??

OP
mariner

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
tell u what guys, i just installed jet audio from the digit dvd,made it my defaut player and voila everything is playing !!!

god knows what the hell was the problem but all ok now.

many thanx to all of u !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom