Media Centre 2005??

Status
Not open for further replies.

cypher

Broken In
I have win xp pro with sp2 integrated cd and installed it a month or so ago. Now i got win xp media center edition 2005. I installed it completely but then only the win xp pro OS boots :shock: . The system properties dialog also tells the same. Is there anyway to get back MCE 2005?? :?

legolas

Padawan
the only difference u can see visually in the first look is the "royal theme" that gets installed in windows mce 2005. otehr than that when u look foir the version etc everything.. its the same. personally i cudnt find anything either. go to run-> cmd and then type "winver"

if it shows the version as 5.1 build 2600 xpsp_2_gdr-050301-1519:service pack 2, then its mce 2005. this is wat i got from different forums.

/legolas

legolas

Padawan
i guess windows mce is an OS and it has no requirements with a "tv tuner". i hav windows mce for past 10 months and hav abslutely np. i hav no tv tuner.

/legolas

dreams

Gracias Senor
I too hv a Win XP Pro with SP1 installed.. i too hv MCE 2005 CD's.. is thr any way to just upgrade or install MCE 2005 without affectin prev XP Pro. i.e., i need all my programs(Installed) intact n working..

TIA

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Windows Media Centre 2005 Works perfectly even when there is no Tv Tuner Card. However make sure you have Remote coz without it theres really no point using windows media CEntre Edition.
I had to perform Clean Install of window Media Centre PC top make it work Flawlessly.But there is this update From Microsoft that has comeup which has to be installed after you had done with installing windows xp Media Centre from within windows

*www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/mediacenter/upgrade/rollup2.mspx
*www.ehomeupgrade.com/entry/1507/update_rollup_2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom