Medcinies at concessional rate for a needy family?

magnet

Youngling
Well i know a family where the lady suffers from kidney trouble.Monthly she needs to take 3 injections of Erythropoietin(10000 iu) (Generic name)(Its a very high dosage) plus atleast 8 oral medicine daily.Its almost 4000 to 5000 medical expense.But family earns around 8000 .They take Vintor -10000IU (Product name) which costs 2100 MRP. per dose.But since they are registered with this people
*www.jivanjyotdrugbank.org/contact-info.htm

They get the drug for Half the rates.

But still its really expensive for the family to continue the same.

I wanted to know are there any NGO which provide free medicines or at-least where one can get free oral medicine at-least .It will be really helpful for the family.I know in Gujarati Jains there are medical institute where such charity happens but i just have heard same.But have no idea.The family have all prescription and really needy.Their son is in 12th standard and in another 5-6 year will start earning as he is a good in studies.

Also any docs here.

I saw there are 2-3 alternative at healthkartplus which costs 1400-1600. Since vintor cost 2000 and it gets financed at half rate.The alternative may turn into 600-800 per dose if the bank source same.But will that do?I hope generically both are sameLike wepox and renocel.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
These things really sadden me. One of the gatekeepers in my building asked me for a 2000 rs advance for the vehicle washing duties as his father's health was failing and he needed medicines. Just the tone in which he was almost pleading broke my heart. I gave him 1000 advance.

Hope some medical students/doctors here can shed light on this query. What is up with the humongous prices charged for medicines. We are living in such a shitty world where healthcare for the poor is being neglected. How are they supposed to pay for rising costs of medicines.

Top Bottom