MB + CPU + RAM - 20K

vindance1

Journeyman
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Office Work. No games. Application: Qlikview, Power BI with large data sets (16 GB RAM)

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 20K. +- 5k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 10

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Not needed. Already have
- WD Green 1 TB and
- Crucial MX500 500GB SATA 6.0Gb/s 2.5-inch 7mm Internal SSD

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Already have "Acer 23.8 LED Monitor - R240HY Abmidx"

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Reuse all except MB, CPU and RAM

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: ASAP. Only online.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Yes. Will do it myself.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Only online. Please suggest reliable source.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
System should be very durable. RAM at least 16 GB.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
*mdcomputers.in/amd-quad-core-ryzen-3-3200g-yd3200c5fhbox.html
OR
*www.vedantcomputers.com/products/p...-8-graphics-processor-upto-4-0-ghz-6-mb-cache

*www.theitdepot.com/details-Asrock+B450+Pro4+AMD+AM4+Socket+Motherboard_P30709.html
Best mobo in its price range but confirm over phone/email about availability(as many times it is out of stock & website status is not updated) & default bios support for 3200G processor(99% chance it does but in rare case itdepot people will update mobo bios before sending).

*www.primeabgb.com/online-price-rev...jawsv-f4-3200c16s-16gvk-16gb-ddr4-ram-memory/
OR
*www.primeabgb.com/online-price-rev...00mhz-ddr4-desktop-memory-cmk16gx4m1e3200c16/
OR
*www.theitdepot.com/details-G.skill...Desktop+RAM+(F4-3200C16S-16GVK)_C6P25693.html
OR
*www.vedantcomputers.com/products/memory/g-skill-16gb x1-ddr4-3200-mhz-ripjaws-v-series

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Do you also have a discrete graphic card with your current system?

CPU - R5 2400G - 10k
Mobo - AsRock B450 Pro4 - 7.2k*
RAM - 1x16GB DDR4 3000MHz - 6.5k
Total - 23.7k

* ASUS TUF B450M Pro Gaming - 8k is another good option, both need the latest BIOS to run 3rd gen Ryzen CPUs, but most seller have latest stock with BIOS pre-installed these days.

OP
V

vindance1

Journeyman
Hi guys. 1 more help please. I will also need following:

PSU - durable (I will never need graphics card to be added). Also size has to be small. I might need to sneak this PC in my office. :doublethumb:
internal 4 TB HDD

cabinet - I will make it myself. I need a very small form factor.:smile:

Also I think I will go for 32 GB RAM instead of 16. Any suggestions for that..

Thank you.

* I will keep my existing PC as it is for kids and will use the new one for myself.

Hi guys. 1 more help please. I will also need following:

PSU - durable (I will never need graphics card to be added). Also size has to be small. I might need to sneak this PC in my office. :doublethumb:
internal 4 TB HDD

cabinet - I will make it myself. I need a very small form factor.:smile:

Also I think I will go for 32 GB RAM instead of 16. Any suggestions for that..

Thank you.

* I will keep my existing PC as it is for kids and will use the new one for myself.
Are you serious? With that budget?

16GB RAM will cost 12-14k, 4TB HDD will cost at least 9k. 20k already gone.

I remember that you have Corsair RM series, that is very good, actually overkill territory for even mid-range PC. Corsair TX650M (7.5k) is a good mid-range PSU which I recommend for those building 80-100k PCs. Maybe use Corsair RM in the main PC & buy Corsair CX450/550 for old PC.

Search for mini ATX cabinets, good luck if you are going to build it as it ain't as easy as it sounds, but is surely possible.

OP
V

vindance1

Journeyman
Are you serious? With that budget?

16GB RAM will cost 12-14k, 4TB HDD will cost at least 9k. 20k already gone.

I remember that you have Corsair RM series, that is very good, actually overkill territory for even mid-range PC. Corsair TX650M (7.5k) is a good mid-range PSU which I recommend for those building 80-100k PCs. Maybe use Corsair RM in the main PC & buy Corsair CX450/550 for old PC.

Search for mini ATX cabinets, good luck if you are going to build it as it ain't as easy as it sounds, but is surely possible.
Thank you for the suggestions. Sorry for the confusion. I have separate budget for extra RAM, PSU and HDD.

Please just suggest following:

1. AMD Ryzen 3 3200G or R5 2400G which one to choose. My apps are not very CPU extensive.
2. Internal 4 TB HDD
3. can i buy 2 sticks of any 16GB RAM as suggested by whitestar or any other suggestion.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
1. 3200G is 4 core 4 thread processor while 2400G is 4 core 8 thread processor so 2400G is a overall a bit better.

2. You can go with wd or seagate 4tb internal hdd but make sure to not order it from amazon because their packaging(although usual) is just not good enough for a delicate item like hdd so more chances of hdd failure within a year. Specialized stores like mdcomputers/vedant/primeabgb/theitdepot know how to securely package an internal hdd.

3. The rams I suggested are good but not as good as dual channel which I didn't suggest because I thought you need at least 16gb ram now & will probably add 16gb more ram later but if you buy 2*8gb ram now then later also you will have to buy 2*8gb ram which means all 4 ram slots will be occupied which may be an issue for some. If you have the budget & you are sure to need 32gb ram in future then get 16gb single ram now else get this 2*8gb ram.
*www.primeabgb.com/online-price-rev...x8gb-3600mhz-ddr4-memory-f4-3600c19d-16gsxwb/

OP
V

vindance1

Journeyman
1. 3200G is 4 core 4 thread processor while 2400G is 4 core 8 thread processor so 2400G is a overall a bit better.

2. You can go with wd or seagate 4tb internal hdd but make sure to not order it from amazon because their packaging(although usual) is just not good enough for a delicate item like hdd so more chances of hdd failure within a year. Specialized stores like mdcomputers/vedant/primeabgb/theitdepot know how to securely package an internal hdd.

3. The rams I suggested are good but not as good as dual channel which I didn't suggest because I thought you need at least 16gb ram now & will probably add 16gb more ram later but if you buy 2*8gb ram now then later also you will have to buy 2*8gb ram which means all 4 ram slots will be occupied which may be an issue for some. If you have the budget & you are sure to need 32gb ram in future then get 16gb single ram now else get this 2*8gb ram.
*www.primeabgb.com/online-price-rev...x8gb-3600mhz-ddr4-memory-f4-3600c19d-16gsxwb/
Thank you so much. For point 3 can you suggest something dual channel 32 GB in total.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
May be get 3200G as Zen+ had better memory DIMM compatibility? Or were the memory compatibility issues relatively fixed with Zen APUs (Ryzen 2000)?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
May be get 3200G as Zen+ had better memory DIMM compatibility? Or were the memory compatibility issues relatively fixed with Zen APUs (Ryzen 2000)?
I think after the initial ryzen 1st gen launch memory compatibility issue was fixed after 7-8 months with new bios versions releases & nowadays any ryzen(incl 1st gen) should work with any ram with the worst situation being ram frequency stuck to 2166 or 2400MHz compared to initial issue where system sometimes even refused to boot with certain ram models.

OP
V

vindance1

Journeyman
Hi guys sorry for the late reply. I have decided to go with the following:
AMD Ryzen 5 3400G
G.Skill RipjawsV F4-3200C16S-16GVK 16 GB DDR4 RAM x 2
Corsair CX 450

Please suggest following items:
Mother Board (Micro ATX must) <Asrock B450 Pro 4 as suggested earlier is not micro ATX>
240 GB SSD
Monitor (Max 15.6 inches) <I have this in mind "Zebronics 15.6 inch (39.6 cm) LED Backlit Computer Monitor">

Thank you so much for your suggestions and patience.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
*www.primeabgb.com/online-price-reviews-india/gigabyte-b450m-aorus-elite-amd-b450-motherboard/

*mdcomputers.in/asus-tuf-b450m-pro-gaming.html

Contact them to confirm availability & if available then order asap(also confirm bios compatibility with 3400G).
*www.theitdepot.com/details-Asrock+B450M+Pro4-F+AMD+AM4+Socket+Motherboard_C13P31911.html

Hi guys sorry for the late reply. I have decided to go with the following:
AMD Ryzen 5 3400G
G.Skill RipjawsV F4-3200C16S-16GVK 16 GB DDR4 RAM x 2
Corsair CX 450

Please suggest following items:
Mother Board (Micro ATX must) <Asrock B450 Pro 4 as suggested earlier is not micro ATX>
240 GB SSD
Monitor (Max 15.6 inches) <I have this in mind "Zebronics 15.6 inch (39.6 cm) LED Backlit Computer Monitor">

Thank you so much for your suggestions and patience.
Do note that performance difference between 2400G & 3400G is like 10%, not so big IMO, so better save 2-3k & buy 2400G for 10k.

For mobo, I agree with whitestar's recommendations.

Kingston A400 240GB used to be a cheap & good SATA SSD at 2.6k or so, but prices have increased. Crucial MX500 is one of the best SATA SSD, check its price along with A400. For like 500 difference, prefer MX500.

15.6" is laptop display size. You get cheap 21" 1080p TN monitors for 6k. I haven't heard of 15.6" 1080p monitors or other 15" monitors. My first LCD monitor at home was maybe 17-18", then later changed to 21". There are 18" 768p monitors but I feel 768p is bad for even 14" laptops.
*www.amazon.in/Acer-18-5-inch-46-99...&keywords=monitor&qid=1593576295&sr=8-15&th=1
At least get this 21" 1080p one, don't expect colours & contrast to be as good as even any 10k+ phone.

mitraark

Decrepit
*www.amazon.in/Acer-Aopen-22CH1Q-21...LFY/ref=sr_1_1?tag=thuttu-21&ascsubtag=710695

• "21.5 inch LED Monitor TN Display
  • HDMI & VGA Ports with Cable
  • 200 Nits Brightness -16.7 million colors
  • 5ms Response time
  • VESA Wall mount Ready
  • Full HD 1920 x 1080 @60Hz

Rs 5295

Top Bottom