MB + CPU + RAM - 20K

mitraark

Decrepit
No point going for 32 GB now. Buy a single stick of 16 GB. Get the cheapest one, since your other hardware wont be able to use higher rated RAM efficiently anyways.

chetansha

In the zone
Actually 8gb x 2 will be sufficient i feel. Amd performs bettter in dual channel mode. So buy 8x2 or 16x 2.

Sent from my SM-M315F using Tapatalk

OP
V

vindance1

Journeyman
Hi Guys
Thank you all for your suggestions. I will go with the build that you have suggested. Will wait for some time as I have to order online and some of the items are not being delivered at my pincode.

In the meantime tried my hands at making my own compact cabinet. Below are the pics. Things are working fine. I will do the same thing with the new system I assemble.
Dimensions: 34 cm x 22 cm x 9 cm
Purpose: To sneak in to the office. I will keep this in my drawer :lol:

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nice but do test it thoroughly at home to avoid any accident later in office. Temps can get pretty high without proper air ventilation & just opening holes might not be enough depending on air flow direction & thermal properties of container.

OP
V

vindance1

Journeyman
Nice but do test it thoroughly at home to avoid any accident later in office. Temps can get pretty high without proper air ventilation & just opening holes might not be enough depending on air flow direction & thermal properties of container.
Hmmm you are right. I am testing this system right now in my office. It gets very hot indeed. I have totally removed the top cover and then placed inside the drawer. Lets see how it works now. My resources utilization is like this for 30 minutes and then 2 hour normal usage.. then repeat..

i3 4130, 12 GB RAM

1594051712005.png

OP
V

vindance1

Journeyman
You definitely need a more powerful processor & more ram. 3400G is about twice fast than i3 4130.
Hi. Can I ask a naive question... Why do I need an APU? I am not going to play games at all. Cant I get a CPU and Motherboard with onboard graphics to support the display....
Also do you think that 3400G offers best value for money... Can I get a better VFM processor if I stretch the budget...
Thanks.

OP
V

vindance1

Journeyman
Yeah, whole industry moved on from onboard graphics to integrated and dedicated GPUs.

3300X is much better but then you'll need to get a cheap GPU for video out.
Ok, suppose I dont need a video out... I dont need to connect monitor to this system as I access the system through remote desktop connectivity. I can carry out the OS installation in an SSD in another computer and then just connect this SSD to the new system without any GPU. Will it work?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Ok, suppose I dont need a video out... I dont need to connect monitor to this system as I access the system through remote desktop connectivity. I can carry out the OS installation in an SSD in another computer and then just connect this SSD to the new system without any GPU. Will it work?
Theoretically it should but I haven't tested remoting into a physical machine which has no video out. (VMs are different)
PS: Make sure OS installation is done on exact same hardware otherwise drivers will cause issues.

OP
V

vindance1

Journeyman
Theoretically it should but I haven't tested remoting into a physical machine which has no video out. (VMs are different)
PS: Make sure OS installation is done on exact same hardware otherwise drivers will cause issues.
I understand. Its better to get an APU. What would be the best APU to get if I am not much concerned about the GPU capabilities but only the CPU capabilities. Best VFM, Max budget 20 K only for processor..

I understand. Its better to get an APU. What would be the best APU to get if I am not much concerned about the GPU capabilities but only the CPU capabilities. Best VFM, Max budget 20 K only for processor..
There isn't any AMD APU above R5 3400G. For 20k, some Intel i5 6 core will be the best bet, seems like an i5 10500.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi. Can I ask a naive question... Why do I need an APU? I am not going to play games at all. Cant I get a CPU and Motherboard with onboard graphics to support the display....
Because integrated graphics is now on processor & not motherboard. There are still onboard motherboard graphics models but only for server mobos.

Top Bottom