maya vs 3ds max...

maya vs 3ds max

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jayantr7

In the zone
hey friends....help me here...
can anybody suggest which one iz better?maya 2010 or 3ds max 2010?
i searched autodesk.com but there was not much info. there.:smile:

which one will be better for both game production and animated movie production??it's a confusing matter
:-x:smile::!::);-):idea::-(:?::arrow::oops:

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

oey...someone reply here

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

n please say which one is easier?i wanna use maya

maya was acquired from Alias who were its original developers- by the then known as Discreet now Autodesk ,for learning both same while a little easier is Max, if you want to learn, learn the basics and then decide which field suits you best, as a single you can develop nothing forget game development -which requires knowledge of game engine development -which in turn requires high end skill of C++ programming,
one needs a studio running very high systems that too in grid - to develop some basic games-

its like this, some designs the plot, and some programme an engine(AI) for it, and some others design characters and other team works on 3d environment to develop 3d characters , necessary scenes, lighting etc etc,.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Sir,
Would love to help, but have absolutely no knowledge in this field. Best would be for you to visit some 3D design studio.

OP
jayantr7

jayantr7

In the zone
thanx for help... ^_^
but i had been working both in maya and 3ds max and saw the interface and working in maya more easier...in reality,i am only 13 yrs old so i will not really use it for gaming and animation now but will learn one software and leave one...:D
do anyone know maya or 3ds max serial key?

Last edited by a moderator:
thanx for help... ^_^
but i had been working both in maya and 3ds max and saw the interface and working in maya more easier...in reality,i am only 13 yrs old so i will not really use it for gaming and animation now but will learn one software and leave one...:D
do anyone know maya or 3ds max serial key?

don't ask such questions - you will be banned:!:

OP
jayantr7

jayantr7

In the zone
@azzad
i can even run any trial software without its serial but it needs our antivirus to switch OFF....that i don't want...so want the serial but if you don't wanna give that it's OOOKKK..:D

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
Well i work in both 3d max and maya.

Max works with Polygons and vertex points which is more lighter where as maya works with Nurbs which is heavy and smooth in finish.

For gaming low polygon models are needed which can be achived in Max. I believe you will be smart to judge now whcih one u need to learn...

In short...

Max : more for architectural and poly modelling
maya: Character and nurb modelling

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
Yes definately... i purchased MAX long time back so using older version and others are used for educational purpose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom