Status
Not open for further replies.

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
thanks i got it

Last edited:

anilmail17

Journeyman
hey sukhdeepsinghkohli can u give more detail about this micorosft mount tool how can i use this to create my own 9in1 like disc?

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
When i saw that thing two yrs back, i found out how it was done on MSFN forums. Now forgot what the name of Tool was...but it was something "Microsoft Virtual Mount Tool" Cant remember but i guess....i will re search for it shortly.

EDIT : OK Found it again

Ok Found and i would explain again how it is done. NO COMPRESSION Involved Friends LOL ;)

The tool used here is called Cdimage. All the Files are copied first on HDD which makes it over 2GB +.
Cdimage looks for files with the that exact size and content, then at the time of creating the iso it copies the file just 1 time and the rest of similar files look at the same sector through the toc.
that is: if drivers.cab is the same for all Win9in1 setups, it will only be copied 1 time on the cd and everytime drivers.cab is called (from differents win9in1 setups) it will be referred to the sector the first driver.cab was copied. I hope you can understand what that means....:lol:

You should now download CDIMAGE

Gui Version : Download

Last edited:
yeah i also have Visual Studio.net 2003 whole thing in one CD...
its about 1.5 gb..
but its compressed with high compresseion rate...
adn then splitted into parts..
so u can only write on CD ...the amount of data...CD can handle..there is no such th8ing like u can write...4 gb on 700mb cd..
thats rubbish...

varungupta17

Broken In
Check out UltraISO.....

Lets u do the same thing effeciently.

I too have a windows 64bit edition cd with all versions... Retail & Corporate & Enterprise... And it works.

nabeelpkw

Right off the assembly line
I have seen SOF II Double Helix of just 240MB n GTA Vice City - 270MB and both are perfectly working except 4sounds in videos of GTA.
Actually these are compressd by UHARC compressor.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Yes, they are compressed using UHARC. They are actually GAME RIPS...with all extra sounds and videos removed.

Regarding the 9 in 1 Win XP i have explained above how it is done :)

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
Look at this ISO (160k download size):

*geocities.com/cyberdony2k/iso.zip

When you decompress it, you will see a rar inside which there is an iso with the size of 5.18Mb, when you mount it, it will show that the CD has a size of 5.18Mb, but when you see the Properties of its contents, you will see it has a size of 933Mb. You can burn this iso to any mini CD. How is it possible?? The contents!!

Yes, this cd contains only two different files, all other files are just duplicates (MD5 duplicates, ie having same MD5 as MD5 is only checked during making of the iso).

It took me about 3 hrs to make this ISO, just for demonstration purpose. But I just wanted to show how it is done.

Only one file is stored and all others are just links, though they don't look like one.

This can be done by a feature in mkisofs called -follow-links. Follow this tut to see how:

1. For testing, just make a directory c:\test.
2. Now, copy any file, lets say oembios.bin (about 12Mb) from c:\windows\system32 to this folder c:\test.
3. Now create a shortcut by selecting New>Shortcut from the Right-Click context menu. Browse for the file c:\test\oembios.bin. 4. Or, just right-click copy c:\test\oembios.bin and "paste shortcut" there to create shortcut.
5. Repeat step 3 or 4 a few more times and make some more shortcuts to the same file c:\test\oembios.bin.
6. Download and unpack mkisofs (you can find it literally anywhere, search Google for "mkisofs download").
7. Run from the mkisofs, this command in dos mode (yes, cmd): "mkisofs -follow-link -output great.iso c:\test".

Now, you should get a file great.iso which is only 12 mb in the same directory from where you ran mkisofs. Mount this file in a virtual drive or just burn it on a blank CD and you will see that the total size of all the files in the CD is n times the size of oembios.bin, if you had created n-1 shortcuts.

If you wish to create CDs such as WinXP 2 in 1 (one Home and other Professional) and such, you can use this method as many files are common in that case. The resulting ISO will fit onto only one CD. But with no common files, this wont work.

However, identifying and creating shortcuts for all the common files is a little tooo tiresome for such projects, so there is a tool called "Duplicate File Linker". This will do the checking and will create links by deleting the duplicate files. This is available for download in the site:

*bootcd.narod.ru

Hope this was helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom