MASTER TUTORIAL: Make Your Windows XP Super Fast !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

piyush gupta

Cyborg Agent
vishal can u tell me apne itna computer especially windows ka gyan kahan se prapt kiya hai

i means how u have such a wonderful knowledge of this OS

why not bill gates need u as windows expert

Kapil89

Right off the assembly line
hi vishal u seem to be a sotware engineer and ur tuts r superb but i dont know why these doesn't work on my pc. i have tried to change that run box view, hibernate button one and sys props but none of them worked. my pc seems to be resistant to these. my OS is XP/SP2 with longhorn 10.0 transformation pack. Any Soln????

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
I'm glad that u guys liked my tutorial :)

I really appreciate all of ur comments ;)

@Kapil89

Its happening bcoz of the WFP (Windows File Protection) service! U hv to disable it or just save the edited files somewhere else and then replace original files in safemode or by booting in other OS, if u hv dual boot system!

go_gamez

In the zone
hey when i save the file as *reg and then double click on it .it opens in note pad ...though it is converted to registry file. can u please tell me how to directly merge it by double clicking on it ?
and yeah the tuts is really gr88...

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
I think u installed Autopatcher coz it causes this problem many times.

In regedit goto:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\regfile\shell\open\command

and change the value of Default to regedit.exe "%1"

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
go_gamez said:
hey when i save the file as *reg and then double click on it .it opens in note pad ...though it is converted to registry file. can u please tell me how to directly merge it by double clicking on it ?
and yeah the tuts is really gr88...
Right-click on file and select merge :D

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
Nice work again ... hmm Vis....Ta ... what about the AlwaysUnloadDLL tweak, is it effective

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer]
"AlwaysUnloadDLL"=DWORD:1

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
thnx guys for ur comments ;)

@rollcage
This tweak is used to clear the DLL cache, which is created by windows and is remained in memory even after the application using that DLL file is closed!

But I never use this tweak, coz sometimes it causes problems in accessing the DLL files or some delays. :)

piyush gupta

Cyborg Agent
grrreat tutor mr. VISTA

can u tell me what is AluschedulerSvc.exe

its i found in my running processes as SYSTEM Process

piyush gupta

Cyborg Agent
but i have uninstalled NAV & now using kasperkey

how it being there in me active processes
is there anyway to remove it

OP
Vishal Gupta

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Many times even after uninstalling norton AV, its files still reside in the folder.

But u can disable the service from Service Manager or can delete the norton folder to get rid of that service permanently. Use Unlocker if u get error while deleting the folder or try in Safe mode! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom