Mass Effect and Diablo not working on HP Laptop

lakhim

Broken In
I had bought Mass Effect and Diablo Game discs the other day and tried to play on my HP Laptop but after they finished installing and asked to proceed for gameplay they abruptly stopped and windows showed check compatibility settings.

The configuration of laptop is :
AMD A8 Processor
500 GB HDD
4 GB RAM
Windows 8.1
ATI radeaon 2 gb graphcs.

Please suggest what to do?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Throw the laptop away. :rolleyes:

AMD Radeon HD 8570M - NotebookCheck.net Tech

considering it has R5 M230, its not enough even at low settings

*www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-R5-M230.108655.0.html

just get a desktop or increase the budget to get a laptop with GT 840m

there is no model of g50-45 which comes with 3 gb iGPU + 3 gb dGPU

Either the dealer gave wrong info or is fooling you.
Don't go with "2/3 gb graphics card" gimmick. Laptop gpus aren't good enough for gaming in your budget and would be a waste of money.

AGAIN, EITHER DON'T GET ANYTHING BELOW A GT 840M OR ASSEMBLE A DESKTOP.

Just remember about getting a laptop with nVidia GT 840M graphics card. IMO currently Dell and HP don't have VFM laptops.

The one with R5 M230?
For gaming? :facepalm:

Run Far Cry 4, Watch Dogs, Thief or Crysis 3 at med-high settings and report how much framerate you get.

Lenovo G50-45 would've been better with 8GB ram and 1 TB hdd. :|

Edit:
It does not have R5 M230, but an even weaker HD 8570M :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

You seriously paid 28k for this crap?

OP
L

lakhim

Broken In
Was finally able to play Diablo after looking for solution on the net and ME has already been told by EA that a Patch needs to be installed in the laptop so that ME will start without issues.

But the only downside is that some knucklehead just want to show how bad your judgement was when you didn't heed their advice and did something which they don't like.

To be honest I completely respect other people's views but at the end of the day decision rests on me. If it succeeds good but if it backfires its my responsibility so I would just request when someone's asking for help give some helpful tips or at least tell where to start to sort out one's issues.

Top Bottom