Status
Not open for further replies.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Re: mandrive

@Official Techie, you have posted 247 times & still don't know where to post Linux
queries!!! Tell me how you connect to the Net - a ADSL router or a DSL USB modem?
Mandriva won't detect USB modems properly!! Suse Linux does.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............

JGuru, I had my Motorola Broadband modem working via USB, from Mandriva 2006, dunno why people say connecting from USB modems is not possible. I can't remember the steps well but surely it's possible with some headaches.

And moving to right section.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl

Using Suse , it detects in a few mins & configure & connect to the Net in secs!!
Yeah, with Mandriva Linux connecting to the Net is headache!!
That's why I recommended Suse, otherwise the guy will give me more headaches
(queries)!!!

eddie

El mooooo

JGuru said:
Using Suse , it detects in a few mins & configure & connect to the Net in secs!!
Yeah, with Mandriva Linux connecting to the Net is headache!!
That's why I recommended Suse, otherwise the guy will give me more headaches
(queries)!!!
Would you stop it please?
I have seen your various posts saying this thing. "SuSE detects this...Mandriva does not...SuSE detects that...Mandriva does not". Drop it dude! Linux is just the kernel and if one distro can detect and work with a particular hardware then there is no reason why another equivalent distro cannot do the same. You just need to configure it properly.

Also, you don't need to take any headaches...just don't enter the thread or reply to it. You are not personally liable to reply to every thread and solve the queries. As far as I know, Digit has not employed you to do this and is not paying you either so why take headaches.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
@Eddie, I was tellling the truth. You need to see the number of PMs I get everyday!!
Ofcourse, I didn't mean it to hurt anyone. Linux is not just the Kernel. It's also the
Components the run on top the Kernel that makeup the Linux O.S. Some Linux
distros are good at hardware detection. Some are not. That's why some remain in
the Top 5, & some don't.

mehulved

It would be lot better to connect it via ethernet than USB. If it is BSNL connection see the sticky on how to configure it.

drsethi

Journeyman
eddie said:
Would you stop it please?
I have seen your various posts saying this thing. "SuSE detects this...Mandriva does not...SuSE detects that...Mandriva does not". Drop it dude! Linux is just the kernel and if one distro can detect and work with a particular hardware then there is no reason why another equivalent distro cannot do the same. You just need to configure it properly.

Also, you don't need to take any headaches...just don't enter the thread or reply to it. You are not personally liable to reply to every thread and solve the queries. As far as I know, Digit has not employed you to do this and is not paying you either so why take headaches.
Your language is too harsh. You have raised 2 objections.1. jguru has not given correct reply. 2. He has responded too many queries.
1. Digit forum is for Digit readers. Be they are students, housewives IT Professionals OR doctors, lawyers, clerks, businessmen or agriculturists. All readers are not supposed to be highly trained in computers. So their answers may or may not be correct. Therefore we should not critisize anybody for wrong reply.
2. There is no rule in Digit forum which prevents members from replying more than a prescribed number.
Further I should say that Linux community is famous for helping each other, so we must congratulate jguru that he is sparing his valuable time to help other members.

mehulved

Official Techie said:
i have an mtnl connection not bsnl and after connecting it to eth port what i shud do
Use pppoe from terminal and go on as you would with in Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom