Mandriva Linux Help Me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lalam

In the zone
I'm not familiar with linux so to try it out i recently installed mandriva linux now my problem is that i can't get connected to the internet for i'm connected to sify. Sify's braodband client seems specially configured to run on Windows OS and i can't seem to run it on mandriva so any tip guys. Also i was referring for it to be installed on the F drive and it got installed on G drive which i did not specify for it to be installed on so obviously i lost tons of files (All my mp3's collection and some music videos), wanted to know if there's anyway i could get those files back. I tried with Recover My Files but it doesn't read that partition.

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
Try PC File Inspector . It worked for me when I got my partitions deleted during a gentoo installation. However, the chances of you getting those files will depend on the disk usage after the incident.

I used it the very next moment after the deletion without any disk usage.. Hence, I could recover all of my 3 partitions...

Best of luck to you for the recovery...

abhasbajpai

Asterisk enthusiast
i don't think any data recovery program will work good in your situation as your partition is over written with ext2 or ext3 file system and now get data back is next to impossiable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom