Man detained after pet mates with stray

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
A 34-year-old Thane man was labelled a pervert, beaten up, detained by the police and slapped with a 'fine' of Rs 5,000 — all because his pet dog mated with a stray while being taken for a walk.

The incident, which took place on May 29, has left the pet-owner, Shashikant Chavan, traumatised and once again brings to focus authorities' overzealousness in reacting to even absurd complaints made by the political class.

An NCP functionary had reportedly complained about Chavan to the local police, saying that he deliberately left the dog, an adopted stray named Monty, unattended. The man demanded that cases of voyeurism and animal cruelty be registered against Chavan for something that makes for only an awkward sight in public.

On Sunday, an upset Chavan wrote a letter alleging police harassment to local police authorities. "I will personally look into the complaint and take stern action (against errant officers). Clearly, a non-issue was blown out of proportion," said Sunil Patil, the senior inspector of the Mahatma Phule police station.
Source
:lol: :rofl: :lol:

I will never get a pet dog after reading this.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
When I read the title I thought that this might have been in some other country like the US. But in India no one gives two ****s about what goes on on the road. They really blew this way out of proportion.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
It is the cops and that NCP guy who were the perverts here. I've occasionally seen stray dogs mate while I'm taking a morning walk, but while it was awkward and I turned my head away from that sight, it certainly wasn't offensive.

There is a reason why dogs (and other non-human animals) are not drivers, lawyers, doctors etc. The same should apply to their mating habits.

When I read the title I thought that this might have been in some other country like the US. But in India no one gives two ****s about what goes on on the road. They really blew this way out of proportion.

In the US, the cops would not beat him up. They would detain his dog and that stray in a dog pound and (probably) sterilize the stray while fining the owner for leaving his pet unattended.

OP
CommanderShawnzer

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
The full article says that the mantri was "offended" with seeing the two dogs mate
Why didn't he just look away,like a normal guy? :chinscratch:

*ACP Pradhyuman**Kuch to Gadbad hai Daya,Kuch to gadbad hai.......*

sujoyp

Grand Master
This is very bad actually ...I was planning to free my dog in mating season just like this guy did...dont ask me how difficult and painful it is to control a grown up dog...I just love my dog and wouldnt operate him in any case...but what to do in mating season...he becomes soo upset and out of control :pullhair:

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
This is very bad actually ...I was planning to free my dog in mating season just like this guy did...dont ask me how difficult and painful it is to control a grown up dog...I just love my dog and wouldnt operate him in any case...but what to do in mating season...he becomes soo upset and out of control :pullhair:

Living in NCP territory makes it worse right? :lol:

Last edited:
Top Bottom