ohm.patel1

Journeyman
Help i have envy 15 laptop. I foolishly downloaded a ps3 jailbreaking software i runned the exe 2 times and after the next start of the computer i m unable to do any work. Cpu usage remain 95-100. I click start it happens after 10 seconds. Help needed pz

RaMpAgEr^GodZ

Broken In
I think the ps3 jailbreaking software is running at background and using ur cpu resources.
Try cntrl+alt+del and stop the process.

OP
O

ohm.patel1

Journeyman
I checked the processes.. no luck any good software for removing malware. Have bitdefender ts12. What do u want to do in safe mode...

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Before "starting windows" press space key few times. It will lead u to the bitdefender's safe mode(a special linux environment). Scan and delete the virus. U are done.
Space key must be pressed just before showing "starting windows" and windows logo. All the best. Post results after doing above steps.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
download and install emsisoft antimalware & update it. run scan. else another one to try is Malwarebyte antimalware.

Alok

Adventurer
+1 to malwarebyte.

But the most effective way (my own experience) is to identify (name) of malware/virus and then download corresponding anti-tool from Kaspersky lab.

OP
O

ohm.patel1

Journeyman
I don't think it as a good option. I did the safe mode one and it detected a virus. Than the pc is working fine. I m just trying malware byte but i want to ask should i do install it with bitdefender. Or delete bit-defender and than install.

Alok

Adventurer
Stop bitdefender , while scanning then uninstall malwarebyte.

Can you please tell me name of that virus?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
I don't think it as a good option. I did the safe mode one and it detected a virus. Than the pc is working fine. I m just trying malware byte but i want to ask should i do install it with bitdefender. Or delete bit-defender and than install.

DONT DELETE BITDEFENDER. Bitdefender 2012/2013 is the best antivirus I have ever seen. I have tested a lot of antivirus and very impressed with it. The only thing you should take care is the system requirements for bitdefender before installing it. I have my own VIRUS collection and tested by each antivirus.
Malwarebytes is good at blocking malware, but it does not detect those viruses which is detected by other well known antivirus vendors. My suggestion is to use bitdefender/kaspersky internet security suits or their higher version.
ONE IMPORTANT NOTICE:
dont install any other antivirus/antimalware along with bitdefender (especially malwarebytes), ur pc will not be usable(most probably) after a reboot . You might need to go into safe mode. ALWAYS RUN ONLY A SINGLE ANTIVIRUS.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Bitdefender 2012/2013 is the best antivirus I have ever seen.
+1 I agree

I have my own VIRUS collection and tested by each antivirus.
Virus Lab or Library :lol:

ALWAYS RUN ONLY A SINGLE ANTIVIRUS.
general consensus.

@OP: Bitdefender is superb anti-virus it not only detects virus it can also detect malware/ad-ware/spywares & root-kits.
just be sure to update its virus definitions always & u (PC) will be safe :-D

amjath

Human Spambot
Use Norman Malware Cleaner it ll not ask for ur Actions, it ll clean and then it ll tell u :D

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Virus Lab or Library :lol:

It is a big story (ya may be) when I started dealing with THOSE VIRUSES after 10th standard. I dont have a library/lab for THEM :-D. But I have more than 20 in nos( that is what antiviruses report).

Use Norman Malware Cleaner it ll not ask for ur Actions, it ll clean and then it ll tell u :D

BITDEFENDER neither ask you nor report you. It will do the job silently(when auto pilot mode is ON):-D.
So no hassle at all. Install it and leave it. YOU ARE SAFE. You can do your works without any frustration or annoying comments from antiviruses.

dude_gamer

Half Life2-Follow Freeman
@OP: Bitdefender antivirus is one of the Best.
Enable its best feature autopilot mode.
and yes TURN ON auto update. :cool:

pranav0091

I am not an Owl

Post a screenshot of running processes from task manager if possible (if its still not cleaned yet)

Can you please tell me name of that virus?
It will be some generic name buddy, something like win32.abc.xyz...
Process name or filename would be more useful IMO.

Top Bottom