Making Xbox 360 Wireless controller work !

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Hi,

i want to use my Xbox 360's wireless controller for gaming on PC (OS - Win 7 64-bit), but am unable to do so. tried using the USB charge cable too. also downloaded and installed MS driver and an application for that. i suppose i need a wireless controller signal receiver for that ?! saw one on dealextreme.com, but before i move ahead to lighten my pockets, would like to hear from you if there's any other way using any USB cable too. if not, then ready to spend for the receiver. and kindly provide me with link to the receiver's online purchase portal too...feeling a bit lethargic to do it in this wet weather :))

thanks !

aniket.cain

Padawan
Hi,

i want to use my Xbox 360's wireless controller for gaming on PC (OS - Win 7 64-bit), but am unable to do so. tried using the USB charge cable too. also downloaded and installed MS driver and an application for that. i suppose i need a wireless controller signal receiver for that ?! saw one on dealextreme.com, but before i move ahead to lighten my pockets, would like to hear from you if there's any other way using any USB cable too. if not, then ready to spend for the receiver. and kindly provide me with link to the receiver's online purchase portal too...feeling a bit lethargic to do it in this wet weather :))

thanks !

Yes, you need a Wireless Gaming Receiver made by MS specifically for this purpose. But it seems that MS has stopped selling it as a standalone device, and it mostly comes with the controller pack for Windows. You might find the receiver online, but it might not be available on the Indian ecommerce sites.

OP
GhorMaanas

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
What error or message do you exactly get when you plug it via USB?

no error....just that no game detects it (tried in crysis and jericho so far)...also got an app for configuring the controller buttons (forgot its name...will see when i reach back home), but that too just stares at my face and i at its face when i plug in the controller :))

Yes, you need a Wireless Gaming Receiver made by MS specifically for this purpose. But it seems that MS has stopped selling it as a standalone device, and it mostly comes with the controller pack for Windows. You might find the receiver online, but it might not be available on the Indian ecommerce sites.

hmm....ok...thanks for that ! means now one more phatka :razz:

MS, why you had to do so ?! :evil: :))

Top Bottom