Making PC for under 25k

monkey

Padawan
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Internet surfing, MS Office applications and playing games like Call of Duty

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: Around 25k

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows 7 / 8.1 - 64-bit

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 250GB is enough

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Already own 17" Samsung LCD of native resolution 1280 X 1024

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Already have monitor, cabinet, K/B, Mouse and PSU (Corsair CX400), DVD-RW, speakers and HDD.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Immediately

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Will be building on my own

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Live in Delhi but open to buy from anywhere in India

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I am trying to accommodate Windows Home Basic in this price. Also I have selected few components but I am unable to decide. Chosen components are:
For AMD System: FX-4300 + MSI 970A-G43 MoBo + Sapphire HD7750 + Corsair Value RAMs (2x4GB)
For Intel System: Core i3-3220 + Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H + Sapphire HD7750 + Corsair Value RAMs (2x4GB)

Guy at SMC International tells me that AMD system is better due to good Catalyst Driver support which will get me Max out of the system. Does it make sense?

Which will be a better investment? Any other suggestions are welcome.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
fx 6300 - 7.3k
gigabyte 970a ds3 - 5.3k
gskill ripjawsX 4 gb 1600 mhz- 2.7k
wd blue - 500 gb - 3k
hd 7770 - 7,6k on mdcomputers.
if you dont nedd hdd, the get 7790 at 10k

which cabby do you have ?

ASHISH65

Technomancer
fx 6300 - 7.3k
gigabyte 970a ds3 - 5.3k
gskill ripjawsX 4 gb 1600 mhz- 2.7k
wd blue - 500 gb - 3k
hd 7770 - 7,6k on mdcomputers.
if you dont nedd hdd, the get 7790 at 10k

which cabby do you have ?

+1.this rig can easily max games at your resolution

OP
M

monkey

Padawan
cx 400 will suffice for hd 7790. cx 400 is built by seasonic and is of good quality.

Various PSU calculators available on the net suggest using 400W with HD7770 (though its a border case - 450W or higher is recommended). So using HD7790 with CX400 is definitely NO. Just want to know if I should go ahead with HD7770 with CX400 PSU.

Probably get a better monitor too like dell 2240 if budget allows?

Monitor is currently not on my mind. Maybe next year or so. Gaming is not the priority on this system. Just an added feature.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Various PSU calculators available on the net suggest using 400W with HD7770 (though its a border case - 450W or higher is recommended). So using HD7790 with CX400 is definitely NO. Just want to know if I should go ahead with HD7770 with CX400 PSU.
this will clear your doubts , i think. Radeon HD 7790 review - Hardware setup | Power consumption and AMD Radeon HD 7790 Review > Power Consumption & Temperatures - TechSpot

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
How old is your PSU? If the Capacitors are aged over 40% then its a risk using a FX6300 with HD7770 with a CX 400.How many fans do you have in the cabinet and their sizes?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
i don't think a good quality psu has capacitors aged over 40% in just 2 years with a typical home usage scenario.i would say at least 4-5 years before even considering capacitor age factor regarding a good psu.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Since its two years and CX mostly has Taiwan made Capacitors in them you can use it for some more time provided you have not stressed the PSU with overclocks and power hungry GPU/CPU in hot city temps.

Top Bottom