Making a 32 page magazine. [Contribution required]

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Krow

Krow

Crowman
^Ah well, I'm sorry but the support was so great that all the pages got filled with wierd stuff from the cosmos like the Arctic Intensity Nano "niaaaaa" Laser Photon charged Nanobots.

Okay so UPDATE!!!

Finishd mag and printed and I must say that I was pleased with my efforts!

I need some opinions here.. Should I use Rapidshare and upload the 380MB PDF or should I make PDF's of 2-3 pages and upload? Before that, do you guys want to view the magazine? Can I embed the PDF to my blogger blog? How?

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Finishd mag and printed and I must say that I was pleased with my efforts!

I need some opinions here.. Should I use Rapidshare and upload the 380MB PDF or should I make PDF's of 2-3 pages and upload? Before that, do you guys want to view the magazine? Can I embed the PDF to my blogger blog? How?

Congrats on the achievement :)

Well it rests completely as to whether split or upload as a whole. I'm ok downloading the entire guide as I want to read all the articles & keep it for my reference. If you split it in parts then too its fine with me but then I would need to rejoin it.

Regarding embedding PDF, this should help. You could post a link in your blogger blog from scribd. I think you better not get into this hassle as your magazine is quite large & again you will be wasting bandwidth as I don't think many prefer to read online. Offering PDf for download by uploading it on Rapidshare or 4shared is a good idea IMO.

OP
Krow

Krow

Crowman
^thanks mate! Okay, so first of all thank you linux! Right-click and compress to zip and the file is 119MB from 410.2MB original!!!

Rapidshare it is then... Upload begins in 15minutes...!

OP
Krow

Krow

Crowman
Here's the RS Link (121MB). Someone please test it and let me know if it is working. Thanks. Sleeping now. Hard day's Night (Sleeping like a log!)..

Once again Thank You all of you for support and contribution. TDF is not dead. We are keeping it alive. :) This thread has had 400+ views and 40+ replies and hence no deadedness... :)

Code:
 *rapidshare.com/files/281458348/Blogger_s_Park_Magazine_.zip
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
Advice: RS is a big PITA for free downloaders, so please use RS Downloader or some other automated download bot. :)

Last edited:
OP
Krow

Krow

Crowman
Anybody Downloaded yet? Please pass on the feedback. I would appreciate it. I am not a professional and this is my first effort so please do not expect any genius mag.. :)

toofan

Technomancer
I had downloaded the magazine. Its a 10 min download. and will post the comments after reading it.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Just downloaded & flipped through. Good work Techalomaniac, I'm impressed :)
All articles seems really good & I would be reading the magazine today in the afternoon. Will be passing on to my friends too. Will supply more feedback once I am done reading.

OP
Krow

Krow

Crowman
Sure... After I receive some feedback, I'll share the only two things that I regret not having done in the mag. :)

Thanks for taking the time to download (and also to read pretty soon :) ).

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
First I would like to point out the things I liked,

1) The magazine is good in PDF format. I wonder how good would it be in the printed format. Doesn't look too bad for a first timer.

2) I loved the "Anti-Swear Campaign" article. The article by wisecrab on reality shows was very true. I agree completely on it. Linux is terrible is also another impressive article. It was written by the author in really unique way. Megha Swamy also impressed me with her article "Ouch ! I'm a woman !". I found all her points acceptable & her example of Priyanka Chopra was spot on.

3) Ad's were managed properly & didn't hinder the smooth flow of reading nirvana. Thumbs Up :)

Now the things which I didn't like about the magazine. Not that bad just a few shortcomings,

1) The page numbers should have been mentioned at the bottom of the page instead on top.

2) There was no index of contributors with their pics. Had it been implemented it would have been much more visually pleasing.

3) You didn't correct any typos or glitches in the articles which we failed to rectify during posting. It would have been good had you corrected them.

I haven't read the other long articles like the beauty of north east India & the post-election one, so will reserve my comments on them.

OP
Krow

Krow

Crowman
Please pointout all the typos that you can find. I shall rectify them asap. I read all the posts before putting them in the mag. But some typos I have missed it seems. :(

I wanted to make the index too. Both the contributors and the content, but the timeframe given was a bit too hectic for that. :( Anyway, I still have mentioned all the contributors names in page 3. :)

I thought of putting them on the bottom of thepage, but then again, I added them at the last moment and then it slipped my mind. :(

Read on and keep reporting. I am still willing to improve the mag and i'll post a much more finished copy later (after my exams).

Thanks you for reading Cool G5! I appreciate the feedback a lot. Mine was the only mag to feature so few ads and also the only one to have majority ads made by fellow students (the subway and the BEEP! ads). The only net taken ad was the last page. The post election one was a trip which I and my friend had undertaken and I published his travelogue. The pics are mine. :)

toofan

Technomancer
I loved the content of the Magazine. Yes the First Article on Music is not to my interest but some of them are really impressive. You selected goodies in your Mag.

The photography section is also very wonderful. yes there are typos I too come across them but "Chalta Hai yaar". Nothing can be perfect.

Quality is very high. Layout impressive. Good work and thanks for including our contributions.

Will be downloading in a few days at the most...

You included the entire Megadeth vs Metallica ? (minus the swears and *you know what*)

OP
Krow

Krow

Crowman
I loved the content of the Magazine. Yes the First Article on Music is not to my interest but some of them are really impressive. You selected goodies in your Mag.
The photography section is also very wonderful. yes there are typos I too come across them but "Chalta Hai yaar". Nothing can be perfect.
Quality is very high. Layout impressive. Good work and thanks for including our contributions.
The thanks are for you guys for providing such high-quality content. Would have been bad if I dint have proper layouts for the contents. :) Thanks for reading through the mag. :)

Will be downloading in a few days at the most...
You included the entire Megadeth vs Metallica ? (minus the swears and *you know what*)
Yup, imagine the PITA of sifting through 3700+ words and finding nedles in the haystack. :) I even photoshopped a page for the article lead.

OP
Krow

Krow

Crowman
Good news... File got compressed even more, so here is the new link... Thanks a_rahim

Code:
*rapidshare.com/files/281911687/Bloggers_Park_7z.7z

Now 78 MB!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom