Make Free PC to Phone Calls Worldwide including India

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
V

vinnythejinny

Broken In
Thanks guys for your reponse. I have received more than 100+emails from my feed subscribers about some issues with vista and other stuff they were apparently doing wrong while installing the plug-in.

I thought to help you guys further, i have put together a ultimate Installation and Usage guide for gizmocall.

check it here: *voipguides.blogspot.com/2007/02/how-to-call-with-gizmocall-installation.html

Hope it helps and clear some issues.

Those guys with Vista, can you share how you did it. Unfortunately i cant use vista so cant help much on that.

*digg.com/software/How_to_Call_with_Gizmocall_Installation_Usage_Guide

Of course you can stumble this story or share it or bookmark it.

This will help other fellow users. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

navino87

In the zone
Wow this is lame compared to skype before they charged us now.

Basically this app requires that you:
1. Install the latest flash player
2. Install their application

Their applications add files on your comp here:
C:\Program Files\GizmoPlugin
and writes registry values to make this exe a service:
C:\Program Files\GizmoPlugin\GizmoPlugin.exe

Then... The service "Gizmo VoIP Service" starts everytime you boot your computer by setting:
Start = 2 (which is automatic) in the service regkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Gizmo Plugin

On that final note: The installer "GizmoPlugin.exe" and service executable "GizmoPlugin.exe" are encrypted.

Screw this.

Last words: The uninstaller leaves 2 files on your computer:
GizmoPlugin.exe
dnssd.dll
Under C:\Program Files\GizmoPlugin
And I didn't even check the Window or System Folders, so there is prolly junk there too.

I warn everyone with caution that this application functions similar to spyware/adware and I do not trust it at all.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
navino87 said:

Then... The service "Gizmo VoIP Service" starts everytime you boot your computer by setting:

On that final note: The installer "GizmoPlugin.exe" and service executable "GizmoPlugin.exe" are encrypted.

Screw this.

GizmoPlugin.exe
dnssd.dll
And I didn't even check the Window or System Folders, so there is prolly junk there too.

I warn everyone with caution that this application functions similar to spyware/adware and I do not trust it at all.
Oh c'mon! Skype does not let you make free calls to regular landlines, so this is the only option.
As for spyware, if a software boasts cross-platform compatibility, you can generally assume that it is not spyware because unlike Windows, Mac OS X and Linux do not allow spyware onto the system.
Plus, so many of us have used this. It gets the job done quite effectively and seems safe so far. If you do not wish to use it, avoid doing so, but please stop scaring others away. :)

OP
V

vinnythejinny

Broken In
navino87 said:

Screw this.

GizmoPlugin.exe
dnssd.dll

If you so concerned about spyware and malware, go uninstall the windows (perhaps the biggest spyware every produced:p) or maybe stop using google-they gather much more information you evey thought.lol.

Gizmocall is by SIPPhone which is one of the most respected European Telecom provider. I have interacted with them earlier during their launch of Gizmocall and they aint those bunch of guys who wants to spread malware.

Hope this clears..

Life doesnt give you everything, so you have to live with Windows!

santu_29

Journeyman
gizmocall didnt work for me.. very bad voice quality, i found a better option > voicebuster, no ad/spyware, more than 5mins, voice quality is too good. check it out here > *www.voipbuster.com/en/index.html
do reply if u use it :)

OP
V

vinnythejinny

Broken In
Santu,

Voipbuster, Voipcheap doesnt work for India. You can't call India for free. You can only try the initial trial call but that only once.

check my review and hack for voipcheap to make free calls from india. However i heard they fixed my hack in the latest version. I am still using the older one and it works fine.

you can check my hack here: *voipguides.blogspot.com/2006/12/voipcheap-hack-for-india.html

santu_29

Journeyman
vinnythejinny said:
Santu,

Voipbuster, Voipcheap doesnt work for India. You can't call India for free. You can only try the initial trial call but that only once.

check my review and hack for voipcheap to make free calls from india. However i heard they fixed my hack in the latest version. I am still using the older one and it works fine.

seems like you didnt see my location under my id, i am in delhi, so ill be calling to the us or other countries.. yes gizmo may work well there but it didnt work here for me, mainly because of bad sound quality. i called my bro in washington with the voicebuster and it was a good experiance :) no hack was needed

OP
V

vinnythejinny

Broken In
santu_29 said:
seems like you didnt see my location under my id, i am in delhi, so ill be calling to the us or other countries.. yes gizmo may work well there but it didnt work here for me, mainly because of bad sound quality. i called my bro in washington with the voicebuster and it was a good experiance :) no hack was needed

Santu you are missing the whole point..we are talking about calling India. Not about calling USA. There are loads of these applications....I have covered almost all of them on my blog.

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
well to get 10 more mins...install another version of windows on ur pc and install the plugin in that!
I have both Vista and XP installed so 20 mins for me!

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
WOW! You just gave me a great idea. I have a Mac and I can install many versions of Windows using Parallels Desktop. Cool! Thanks a lot! :)

Patnex

Right off the assembly line
Hello All!:p
I am not able to call BSNL landlines with GizmoCall.
Any way out??
Thanks in advance!!

Sarvesh

Journeyman
Hey,

Is it LEGAL to use VOIP in INDIA. As I know a few months back some people in andheri were arrested for running a VOIP exchange in mumbai.

CHECK..... your ISP doesn't get banned. I am not shure...

Thanx

Sarvesh

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Sarvesh said:
Hey,

Is it LEGAL to use VOIP in INDIA. As I know a few months back some people in andheri were arrested for running a VOIP exchange in mumbai.

CHECK..... your ISP doesn't get banned. I am not shure...

Thanx

Sarvesh

VOIP is legal, running Telephone EXCHANGE is illegal :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom