Maintenance of Server and Clients in a network

Status
Not open for further replies.

sainit

Journeyman
Maintenance of Server and Clients in a network

Hello Everyone!!!

Friends Recently I got a job in a small company which has One DNS Server and another server used for POSTMASTER and PROXY for internet.

My responsibility is to maintain all the systems and Server. But I am very new in networking. So can u pls help me in few points like:
• How to maintain the Server, what r the thing I should keep in mind.
• How I can maintain all other PC without going to every client desktop.
• How I can configure other PC from my server like- disk defragmentation, software removal/installation, system shutdown, antivirus update and scanning etc.

I hope u r getting what I want to know. So if U can give me tips then pls help me.
If there is any online good tutorial on this then pls give me that link.

Thanx & Regards

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
I can answer the second question. Use either remote desktop or software like tight vnc to remotely control the systems. However understand that you need to keep basic security concerns in mind.

As for the other concerns, start learning whatever you can about the systems. Eg for the DNS Server, get a good copy of a manual on windows server 2003 or whatever os you use and get to know its innards.

For the third query, I guess it has something to to do with group policies.

Let me know if the post was useful. If you want elaboration on something, just reply post.

OP
S

sainit

Journeyman
Thanx ilugd,

nice info but it would be nice if u can give me some detailed info or any site/tutorial related to this.

thanx again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom