mah experience wid IDEA network

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazypal24x7

Broken In
here it goes mates,

I had vodafone & switched to idea month a go wid de hope of good tariff plan & network conn
I bought new idea conn on 21 oct , de idea store guy explained mw whole tariff plan 199 rentel,300 local calls & 200 local sms free/month , bla blah blah. here comes de interesting part

while explanin de tariff plan I wasnt told abt de Rs 100 discount for 2 bill cycle ,which is mentioned on de www.ideacellular.com, so I told them abt it dat boss site pe to plan me Rs 100 ka discount bhi hai, the idea guy told me Sir site pe likha hai to aapko zaroor milega.
So used idea conn for 15 dayz I got de bill I wasn't awarded de Rs 100 ka discount, so called up CC & I was shocked abt the info I was given dat discount is only on local usage .I told him dat on site theres no info dat discount is only on local usage ( on site *www.ideacellular.com/IDEA.portal?_...clePlanCode=content_postpaid_mu_Value199.html its written as " Discount of Rs 100 for first 2 bill cycle).I told him to register a complain , second shock ,de CC guy refused to register a complain by replyin dat “Sorry sir for de wrong info All I can do is write a comment that “ local usage “ should be mentioned on de site .

I decided I’m gonna fight ,so I called up idea store Malad (E) ,& talked wid a lady ( CC) she was pro, I guess dat was de only good thing abt de idea . I told her de prob , she told me that Idea CC is worst dats de reason Idea is transferring CC from Pune to Mumbai , even admitted dat she does not believe in de info given by CC ,so she always calls up to her senior rather than CC for any queries.

The funny thing is dat Cust Exec name Ritesh told me clearly dat “ Sir de discount is on both STD & local” when I called up later he recongnized me coz I had called up Idea a hell lot of time during dat period .So when I told him dat other customer executive is saying dat discount is only on local , he said “ Sorry sir I gave u wrong info ,the discount is on local usage only. I had a heated conversation wid him.

Finally I got discount of Rs 50 ( not worth)

Second funny thing
So finally decided to discontinue my Idea conn ( even before I can use it for a whole month lol) . I went to Idea store told de lady abt it. The lady told me de pending amount I ‘ll have to pay for discontinuing de Idea service .Third shock the lady told me dat sir since ur discontinuing de service at de mid of de bill cycle you will not get de free calls & I’ll have to pay de whole unbilled amount. I was pretty sure wht amount I have to pay ,so I told her please recheck wid ur seniors so she did . Fourth shock I talked wid her (senior ) for almost half hr & conclusion of conversation even her senior had no info abt this & she kept me on hold for longgggggggg to get de info from her senior or colleague lol . so I disconnected de call.

Finally I told de Idea store CC dat mam do 1 thing, I’ll pay de amount as per de rules which I m confident is right ( well dis is de only right info I got from CC (12345) (not de CC of Idea shop ) ,ie I paid de rental for de no of dayz I used de service ( Rs 6.66*11=73.26 + 12.36 VAT for rental of 199/month) & not for de calls since they are free under de tariff plan ( which where abt less than 150)

So me over here waiting for de call from CC which they promised me I’ll be receiving for feedback b4 they discontinue my service ( One more thing each time I had a complain de CC use to say “Sir u will receive de call within 24 hrs when ur request/complain is processed , lol no surprise I just received a single call ( after comaplanin dat I did not receive any call from CC abt my requests/complains lol)

Well abt de network conn , it sucks .I live in Raheja Township Malad E ( constructed on mountains ) , plp who r similar wid de area wont deny when I say its located at one of de highest place ( one of de favourite place for network operator for installing network towers ) in Mumbai . Even when I talk in open areas I get crack voice.

So heres mah experience wid Idea service ,I would like you to draw de conclusion urself & share ur exp too.

Last edited:
Well, i dont know about Mumbai, but here in Delhi and U.P, IDEA Network works great. No problem whatsoever and great internet connectivity @ 16-25 KBps (128-200kbps) with Rs. 20/day plan. Also i am a prepaid customer so cant tell you about postpaid billing problems if any. But network wise, IDEA works great here. Also, Vodafone's net access is pathetic and they dont have any unlimited plan whatsoever. Thats why i switched my primary no from Vodafone to IDEA and kept vodafone in a cheap handset for long calls with my GF. That way, my PDA battery (which is quiet expensive to replace) is saved. Because of these kind of things, i never prefer postpaid mobile connections. Landline connections from Airtel are much better in this respects. Reliance also sucks in terms of billing, worst of all!

OP
C

crazypal24x7

Broken In
well , u might be right ,but I checked out de net & came to conclusion there are more plp against Idea ( mumbai ) than in favour

mrintech

Technomancer
I am from Bhopal (MP). Here Idea and Airtel ought to capture the Market. Now Vodafone is launched here >:)<

Airtel is Good, Idea was good but it's now degrading. Will use Vodafone in near future. Rest Vodaone has attractive schemes and Vouchers ;)

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
One thing I've learnt being a Vodafone customer for 2 yrs, taht never talk to CC, mail to the respective zonal officer, ur problem will be solved.

In my case though they didn't solve the issue but changed their website info:(:);)

Raccoon

Journeyman
Well, you are cribbing because you havent experienced Airtel in Maharashtra circle. It cant get worse than Airtel... if you want to be happy, just try it once... then you will be happy with any other service provider.

And yes, I have found Idea to be the best network here. And I have tried all except Vodaphone. But yes, the call centre is bad (actually, all operators have sick customer service, this way or that)... though better than Airtel... but its very difficult to get thru as its not 24 hours and is almost always busy. But I have gotten all my problems solved thru email to customer care or to the Nodal Officer or to the Appellete Auth... in that order.

Compared to others, Idea rox! :)

mrintech

Technomancer
Why shocked, I think its the best approach. If, in future u want sue them u'll atleast have some proof on ur side. Means d mails.

AND they also know it and try to solve it ASAP, as very few people mail them.
Good Idea... I will follow this from now onwards ;)

BTW I know a site where we can all sue: *pgportal.gov.in

Raccoon

Journeyman
Good Idea... I will follow this from now onwards ;)

BTW I know a site where we can all sue: *pgportal.gov.in

This is NOT "suing"! For suing you have to go to a Consumer Court.

The PG portal you have mentioned simply forwards your complaints to the 'authorities' of the telecom service provider. Its more like a postman! Dont pin your hopes on that!

The only concrete form of redressal is a Consumer Court.

OP
C

crazypal24x7

Broken In
Well, you are cribbing because you havent experienced Airtel in Maharashtra circle. It cant get worse than Airtel... if you want to be happy, just try it once... then you will be happy with any other service provider.

And yes, I have found Idea to be the best network here. And I have tried all except Vodaphone. But yes, the call centre is bad (actually, all operators have sick customer service, this way or that)... though better than Airtel... but its very difficult to get thru as its not 24 hours and is almost always busy. But I have gotten all my problems solved thru email to customer care or to the Nodal Officer or to the Appellete Auth... in that order.

Compared to others, Idea rox! :)

lol ,just bcoz Airtel might be worst than IDea , I wont stop complaining abt de mess I had to go through wid Idea

mrintech

Technomancer
This is NOT "suing"! For suing you have to go to a Consumer Court.

The PG portal you have mentioned simply forwards your complaints to the 'authorities' of the telecom service provider. Its more like a postman! Dont pin your hopes on that!

The only concrete form of redressal is a Consumer Court.
Ok thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom