Mafia 2 graphics all messed up

anishra

Right off the assembly line
Hi

My name is Anish and I have Dell studio 1555 with Radeon HD 4500 series graphics card and 4GB memory. My problem is that when ever I play games like mafia 2, MOH, c&c 3 the graphic are messed up. I tried updating the video drivers, directx and even tried the highest configuration in the video settings of the game still same issue. I tried the latest patches as well. My computer is running on windows 7 ultimate sp1 32bit. I tried attaching the screen shot, its not allowing (jpeg 800 * 600 161 KB), please check this link for the screen shot *i43.tinypic.com/dfdich.jpg

Please help me with this.

Regards

Anish

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Weak GPU. See if any patch / update of game helps. But I think its highly unlikely :|

edit: You meet the minimum requirements which are-

Minimum System Requirements
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 3.0 GHz / AMD Athlon 64 X2 3600+
Memory: 1.5 Gb
Hard Drive: 8 Gb free
Video Memory: 512 Mb
Video Card: nVidia GeForce 8600 / ATI Radeon HD 2600
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
Keyboard
Mouse

Update Direct X using the Direct X web setup and see if it helps.

Last edited:

Sujeet

Undead!!!
lol^^ guys be more sensible that laptop and gpu is good enough to handle games at moderate setting.
My friend has same laptop and he is able to play games like split second at good fps.

Perhaps some other issue.

even an intel hd is capable of running games like c&c 3 without messed up gfx even though it do not matches mi. gpu req. although fps are very low.

Alok

Adventurer
^see like below.... And see mafia 2 requirement on wikipedia.
Graphics Card Hierarchy Chart : Best Graphics Cards For The Money: December 2011

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
this problem used to occur with my intel onboard gfx when i played mafia 1 on it..still completed the awesome game..

Sujeet

Undead!!!
^see like below.... And see mafia 2 requirement on wikipedia.
Graphics Card Hierarchy Chart : Best Graphics Cards For The Money: December 2011

Lol...i know of these charts....
No need for that..
Why arent you trying to get the point that the games he mentioned works well with that laptop model .My friend has that notebook. ehh..

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
lol^^ guys be more sensible that laptop and gpu is good enough to handle games at moderate setting.
My friend has same laptop and he is able to play games like split second at good fps.

Perhaps some other issue.

even an intel hd is capable of running games like c&c 3 without messed up gfx even though it do not matches mi. gpu req. although fps are very low.

:yeahright:
i support your point. i can play most games smoothly at moderate settings on my core i3-380M/nvidia GT540M laptop(even though most games use intel HD graphics and not the nvidia one
and i've never updated my drivers
Anishra has some other prob with his laptop

OP
A

anishra

Right off the assembly line
Hi all

During the setup, when it checked for the requirements, it had a check mark on al the components. I had the same problem with Far Cry 2, when I changed the directx version in in-game setting to use dx10, the problem got resolved. These games do not have an option for that. Is there a way to do it manually. I have updated all the drivers and directx.

Anish

Top Bottom