Mafia 2 - Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
*img50.imageshack.us/img50/253/mafiatr4.jpg
[click the pic]

August 21, 2007 - Illusion Softworks is developing a follow-up to the 2004 gangland crime game Mafia.

Set in the 1940s and 1950s, Mafia 2 will feature "high octane gunplay with white knuckle driving and an engaging narrative," according to a press release by publisher 2K Games.

"As the original Mafia was a big success, we are excited to leverage the power of next generation console technology to create an all-new experience, while embracing the elements that resonated with the previous game's fans," said Christoph Hartmann, President of 2K. "The 'wow' factor of Mafia 2 is definitely the benchmark-setting visual quality and action that you expect to see only in Hollywood movies."

Illusion, based in Prague, Czech Republic, developed the original Mafia game and is also responsible for the Hidden and Dangerous and Vietcong series.

Mafia 2 is being developed for PC and "next-generation consoles," 2K said, but no specific platforms were mentioned.
source

*media.ign.com/thumb/209/2093032/mafia-2-20070821092344488_thumb_ign.jpg *media.ign.com/thumb/209/2093034/mafia-2-20070821092346644_thumb_ign.jpg

more HD screenshots at homepage & here

looks like BioShock's Engine is used for this title too.

go to HELL RockStar :p

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Great news for as mafia is one of the few games i have completed and liked the most.I saw it coming but thanks s18000rpm.

Tech$oft

Guy from Heaven
Cool man mafia had a great storyline but mafia 2 screenshots , man it'z damn good and can u let me know the releasing date and system requirement and wich console it is releasing

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
guys, they've just released 5 pics only, not even the trailer is out yet, so we cant talk about sys. requirement now itself.

btw for some reason i have used BOLD LETTERS in first post. :))

W i d e S c r e e N

Ambassador of Buzz
Best news of the season. thx 4 sharin'

Q:Isnt 2K part of Rockstar empire?
EDIT
Take Two Intreactive owns 2K games as well as Rockstar.

These are the few game producers left with Quality content, unlike EA

Last edited:
OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
^thanks.

i believe M2 (mafia 2) is waaay better than GTA4 in terms of gfx.

see the clip @ 52 seconds, see how the water splashes , see the game charachters, they look more realistic than GTA4's.

R* better give us PC version (gta4) soon or get wiped out :twisted:

pagol123

Say Hello to ur new frnd
y gta 4 is not 4 pc?

i luv mafia but here u cant open all the houses like gta or godfather

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom